Electric radiators with VMB1TS + VMB4RY : howto?

Hi everybody,

it’s a long time I wasn’t asking something here :slight_smile:

In my house, 1st floor is managed with electric radiators : there is a way to control Confort/eco mode but… it’s a kind of inversion with Velbus VMB1TS way of run :

As you see, no signal is confort, 220v is eco : if a connect 230v on VMB4RY, when T° is enough, VMBTS1 “heat” signal is 0, radiator would be in confort mode (VMB4RY is open).
If T° goes down, VMBTS1 heat signal is 1, then VMB4RY is closed… eco mode is coming…

Any way to invert that easely ?

Thanks
David

The VMB4RY does not allow for inverting the contacts from NO (normally open) to NC (normally closed).
Its successor, the VMB4RYNO, can be set to NC in Velbuslink. (Caution: this is a software setting, not a hardware setting, so measures need to be taken to put the installation in the desired state after a power failure, this is explained in the Velbus installation guide Part 2, chapter 5, “In case of power loss”).

If you don’t want to buy a VMB4RYNO, a workaround might be to set the VMB1TS to cooler mode? It’s a bit weird and not very elegant, but it might work…?

Thanks VEL345,

that’s the two solutions I was thinking… the second is very hard because you can’t manage confort / eco mode.
As I’ve a VMB4RYNO of spare, I’ve made an exchange with VMB4RY.

But now, my problem is to configure VMB1TC and VMB1TS with VelbusLink :

1. I program 2 zones on VMB1TC (workdays and holidays) : only alternance with Confort (sun) and eco (moon)
  2. I affect sensors to the desired zone
  3. on VMB1TS, I configure desired temperatures for each mode (dialogbox with red and blue thermometer)
  4. I associate heater with VMBRYNO relais (with N.O.)
  5. I synchronize them with VelbusLink function

Is this process ok ?
What is the symbols legend when clicking on sun on VMB1TS module configuration (pilot VMB1TS thermometer symbol) : Moon (eco consign?), Yellow sun (confort consign?), Orange sun (day consign?), Ice ?
And what about locked in this dialogbox : does it means the button on physical module doesn’t affect the system ?

Thanks again
David

Seems OK at first sight, you can download user manuals from the VMB1TS product page in case of doubt.

The signs are:

• moon = night mode
  • yellow = day
  • orange = comfort
  • ice = anti freeze

“Locked” in the operate dialog means that you cannot control it by pressing on the module’s push button.

Great, thanks