Get current state of VMB2BL

Hi,

I have a VMB2BL blind module setup and working correctly. I configured a single push-button for both up & down actions, which also works great.
I’d like to read out the current state (up or down) from the module over the Velbus. Is this possible? The normal “blind status” message only tells me that the motor is stopped, but not what position the blind is currently in.

Thanks in advance

The status message only indicates movement of the blind, eg. moving up, moving down, idle; It does not keep track of any position

Thanks for the quick response!

Yes, I noticed that. However, I’m fairly certain that the module does know the current position (or at least the last/next action): it knows to go “down” when the previous action was “up”, even if it’s currently stopped (“Off”).
So my question is: can I get that state information out of the module somehow, maybe through other messages?

[quote]it knows to go “down” when the previous action was “up”, even if it’s currently stopped (“Off”).
So my question is: can I get that state information out of the module somehow, maybe through other messages?[/quote]

Well… the status message indicates movement of the blind, eg. moving up (“up”), moving down (“down”), idle (“stopped”)

Download the protocol for your module
velbus.eu/support/downloads/ … BL&lang=en
velbus.eu/support/downloads/ … BL&lang=en

Look for the ‘Blind status’ command. The information you need are in DATABYTE2 (= channel) and DATABYTE4 (= state).

The ‘Blind status’ will be sent whenever the state changes or when the module receives a ‘Blind status request’ packet.

Hmm… I can’t seem to explain myself clearly in my 3rd language… Let me try again:

[ul]
]Blind is down and stopped/:m]
]I push the (hardware) button that is configured as a single push-button for both down&up actions./:m]
]Blind moves up/:m]
]The module sends a BlindStatus indicating “moving up”/:m]
]During this time, I can query the module and receive a “I’m moving up” status/:m]
]Blind is fully up, VMB2BL switches to “Off” state/:m]
]The module sends a BlindStatus indicating “stopped” (“off”)/:m]
]If I query for the BlindStatus, I only get “stopped”/:m]
]VMB2BL still knows that the blind is up, since the next press of the button will make it go down instead of up./:m]
]At this point, I’d like to know that the blind is currently up or equivalent (i.e. “the previous action was up”; or “the next action will be down”)/:m][/ul]

I hope this describes more clearly what I’m trying to achieve…

Ah, I see now what you’re trying to say, unfortunately the module does not have or send out this information through any other messages. I can suggest keeping track of this in your own software…

Ok, I was afraid of that. Thank you anyway!