Hoe kan ik velbus installeren in homeassisant

de configuration.yaml file is in een yaml formaat.
dus port: moet exact 2 spaties geindent zijn tov van velbus:

is /dev/ttyUSB00 het juiste device? want als dit niet het velbus device is zal het ook niet werken.
Maar tot hier geraakt ge zelfs niet

1 Like

Excuse my reply in English.

Have you tried –

velbus:
port: /dev/serial/by-id/usb-Velleman_Projects_VMB1USB_Velbus_USB_interface-if00

Or can you see any other SymLinks that map your Velbus USB device to a particular TTY port?

ls -l /dev/serial/by-id/

de port staat 2 spaties geindent tov velbus, Hoe kan ik weten of ttyUSB00 het juiste device is. De VMBRSUSB is aangesloten op een usb poort van rapberry pi 3+

MDAR
I tried, but I get this Error in the log from homeassistant
serial.serialutil.SerialException: [Errno 2] could not open port /dev/serial/by-id/usb-Velleman_Projects_VMB1USB_Velbus_USB_interface-if00 ls -l /dev/serial/by-id/: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/dev/serial/by-id/usb-Velleman_Projects_VMB1USB_Velbus_USB_interface-if00 ls -l /dev/serial/by-id/’

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 153, in _async_setup_component
hass, processed_config)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/velbus/init.py”, line 27, in async_setup
controller = velbus.Controller(port)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/velbus/controller.py”, line 35, in init
self.connection = VelbusUSBConnection(port, self)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/velbus/connections/serial.py”, line 57, in init
raise VelbusException(“Could not open serial port”)
velbus.util.VelbusException: ‘Could not open serial port’
2019-07-29 21:44:19 ERROR (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.components.ios.notify] The notify.ios platform was loaded but no devices exist! Please check the documentation at https://home-assistant.io/ecosystem/ios/notifications/ for more information

Het is een acm device zie bootlog: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnIqLpusHNu0gv05Hjsr-I0nJXQmPQ
zal het morgenavond eens proberen met ttyACM0

I don’t know much about HomeAssistant, but this looks more like a port assignment issue anyway.

So…

Can you confirm that the VMBRSUSB has been detected by your system?

Try the “ListUSB” command

lsusb

You should see something like this :-

Bus 003 Device 002: ID 05e3:0610 Genesys Logic, Inc. 4-port hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 10cf:0b1b Velleman Components, Inc.
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

The next thing is to confirm that the Velleman USB device has been assigned to a ACMx port. (Where x is a number)
By using the “List” command

ls -l /dev/serial/by-id

Which should return something like this :-

Total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 Jul 10 21:46 usb-Velleman_Projects_VMB1USB_Velbus_USB_interface-if00 -> ../../ttyACM0

Where ttyACM0 is the assigned port.

If all of the above works, there isn’t much left.

Other than to remind you that only one thing can connect to a port at a time.

Meaning that if you have VelServ, openHAB2 or OpenRemote running and directly connecting to the USB device, anything else will get rejected.

But… It looks like there is great news.

Apparently they have added TCP connection for Velbus.

The velbus integration supports the Velbus USB, Velbus serial and a TCP/IP gateway.

So I would suggest that you get either VelServ or Velbus TCP Snap working first, so that you can connect MULTIPLE bits of software to your Velbus network.

Then you can connect VelbusLink and monitor the bus to see when HomeAssistant (and others) start putting packets on the bus.

By using a configuration in Home Assistant that looks like this :-

Example configuration.yaml entry for a TCP/IP interface

velbus:
  port: '127.0.0.1:3678'

Where 3678 is the TCP port number and 127.0.0.1 is the LoopBack IP address.

As in the classic “Wizard of Oz” inspired T-Shirt slogan

There’s no
place like

My VelServ systemd script loads VelServ on port 6000

velbus:
  port: '127.0.0.1:6000'

By default VelServ runs on port 3788

velbus:
  port: '127.0.0.1:3788'

The official Velbus Snap TCP server runs on port 27015

velbus:
  port: '127.0.0.1:27015'

However…

After saying all that, I read your error log a bit more and saw this at the start

I’m surprised to see “ls -l /dev/serial/by-id/” in the error log

ls is the Linux command line List app (lower case L & S)

Where -l means Show details

And /dev/serial/by-id/ is what you want the List command to show you

I would have expected your error log to only contain

serial.serialutil.SerialException: [Errno 2] could not open port /dev/serial/by-id/usb-Velleman_Projects_VMB1USB_Velbus_USB_interface-if00

Or

serial.serialutil.SerialException: [Errno 2] could not open port /dev/ttyACM0

dan zal dit wel werken.
in de volgende versie (0.97) zal velbus ook geconfigureerd kunnen worden via de grafische interface (mijn pull request is gisterren gemergd) dan zal dit een pak simpeler worden om te testen.

2 Likes

Indeed we have this support since HomeAssistant 0.76
until now we almost catched-up with the openHab implementation of velbus, we can control most of the modules.

2 Likes

There’s a quote that @cedricb can be proud of.

But do you mean the downloadable Velbus binding from within openHAB2, or do you mean Cédric’s development version :wink:

Personally, I think it’s fabulous that people are making the MASSIVE effort to include Velbus into all these platforms :smile:

It makes my life just that little bit easier, for which I am truly grateful.

2 Likes

i’m mainly looking at the offically supported version, but i also played with the ‘private’ version to.

the private version has some modules we don’t support yet because i have no access to them to test them (like the vmban, the newer glass panels and the edgelit panels).

The fun thing about the homeassistant implementation is that velbus is supported out of the box, just install and your up and running (to promote it a bit ;))\

To bad velbus is not giving support on stuff like this, if i could lend those modules for a week it would be cool and they would be integrated fast. or if we could get a demo version of the upcomming modules that would also be handy

2 Likes

Home assistant Hassio opnieuw geïnstalleerd, heb nu verbinding kunnen maken met velbus.

Velbus:

port: ‘/dev/ttyACM0’ moeten instellen voor de verbinding.

Krijg nu deze foutmelding waardoor ik weet dat mijn verbinding werkt. Module 1 = VMBGPOD

2019-07-30 22:26:52 WARNING (Thread-2) [velbus] received unrecognized command 0 from module 1

2019-07-30 22:26:52 WARNING (Thread-2) [velbus] received unrecognized command 246 from module 1

Moet nu nog uitzoeken wat deze foutmeldingen betekenen:smiley::grinning:

1 Like

I would say…

“Don’t worry”

If my understanding is correct, the error message simply means that a message / packet from the module isn’t understood by Home Assistant.

Inderdaad Mdar is correct, dit zijn warnings en geen errors.

niet alle messages van de bus zijn nodig voor home-assistant (ik ben bezig om deze automatisch te ignoren zodat er geen warning meer komt). Dit zijn messages zoals een led op een module die aangaat, of die begint te knipperen.

Als ge deze logs ziet dan zou homeassistant moeten modules vinden van uw bus systeem en deze beginnen te tonnen op de gebruikersinterface.

Vandaag weer een poging gedaan, heb een nieuwe server geïnstalleerd, verse installatie van HA. Verbinding werkt, maar geen enkele module wordt toegevoegd…

2019-08-17 15:27:18 INFO (velbus-process-reader) [velbus] New message: {“name”: “ChannelNamePart3Message”, “priority”: 251, “address”: 33, “rtr”: false, “channel”: 5}
2019-08-17 15:27:18 INFO (velbus-process-reader) [velbus] New message: {“name”: “BlindStatusNgMessage”, “priority”: 251, “address”: 35, “rtr”: false, “channel”: 1, “timeout”: 21, “status”: “off”}
2019-08-17 15:27:18 INFO (velbus-process-reader) [velbus] New message: {“name”: “BlindStatusNgMessage”, “priority”: 251, “address”: 35, “rtr”: false, “channel”: 2, “timeout”: 21, “status”: “off”}
2019-08-17 15:27:18 INFO (velbus-process-reader) [velbus] New message: {“name”: “ChannelNamePart1Message”, “priority”: 251, “address”: 35, “rtr”: false, “channel”: 1}
2019-08-17 15:27:18 INFO (velbus-process-reader) [velbus] New message: {“name”: “ChannelNamePart2Message”, “priority”: 251, “address”: 35, “rtr”: false, “channel”: 1}
2019-08-17 15:27:18 INFO (velbus-process-reader) [velbus] New message: {“name”: “ChannelNamePart3Message”, “priority”: 251, “address”: 35, “rtr”: false, “channel”: 1}
2019-08-17 15:27:18 INFO (velbus-process-reader) [velbus] New message: {“name”: “ChannelNamePart1Message”, “priority”: 251, “address”: 35, “rtr”: false, “channel”: 2}
2019-08-17 15:27:18 INFO (velbus-process-reader) [velbus] New message: {“name”: “ChannelNamePart2Message”, “priority”: 251, “address”: 35, “rtr”: false, “channel”: 2}
2019-08-17 15:27:18 INFO (velbus-process-reader) [velbus] New message: {“name”: “ChannelNamePart3Message”, “priority”: 251, “address”: 35, “rtr”: false, “channel”: 2}
2019-08-17 15:28:05 WARNING (velbus-process-reader) [velbus] received unrecognized command 229 from module 2 (40)
2019-08-17 15:28:05 WARNING (velbus-process-reader) [velbus] received unrecognized command 229 from module 3 (40)
2019-08-17 15:28:05 INFO (velbus-process-reader) [velbus] New message: {“name”: “SensorTemperatureMessage”, “priority”: 251, “address”: 2, “rtr”: false, “cur”: 22.8125, “min”: 19.1875, “max”: 25.5625}

Idem hier . Ik zie in de log dat er verbinding gemaakt wordt met velbus maar geen modules . Grtn

Bij mij werkt het ook nog niet worden geen modules ontdekt. heb ondertussen velservr samen met Openhab 2 op een tweede raspberry geplaatst waar alles wel werkt modulen worden daar ontdekt.
Dan met hassio homeassistant 27.2 verbinding gemaakt met de velserv, Met het zelfde resultaat in de log worden er modulen ontdekt maar worden niet toegevoegd.

2 Likes

Kan er iemand uitleggen hoe je u module dus in ha krijgt wat de instellingen moeten zijn?
Ik heb onderstaande gebruik maar ik krijg geen item
waar dat ik de module en channel aangepas heb naar ons adres …

light:
- platform: velbus
devices:
- name: light
module: 0xba
channel: 4

velbus in HA doet autodicovery.

normaal hebt ge maar 2 regels nodig,
of ge kunt dit doen via de gebruikerinterface (configuration, integrations, velbus)

dit heb ik gedaan maar er worden geen modules gevonden

kan ik ergens een debug zien ?