OpenRemote

hallo, alvast iedereen een zalig kerstfeest en gelukkig eindejaar gewenst
ik had graag wat hulp gekregen om mij opgang te krijgen met openremote , vooral hoe het word opgebouwd, om een relais te bedienen (stap voor stap) op smartphone of tablet

de velbus installatie is nog niet zo uitgebreid ,enkel temperatuurregeling van enkele kamers maar de bedoeling is dat het verder wordt uitgebreid naar de rest van de woning, bediening verlichting , buitenverlichting ,camera,ā€¦
bijkomende sensors en uitgangen zijn besteld en komen deze week aan

ik doe hier vooral een oproep omdat ik nergens een tutorial vind i.v.m. velbus vanaf nul en dat ik eerst wil kijken voor ik verder uitbreid of dit het wel is wat ik wil.

de usb interface is aanwezig en aangesloten , openremote account is gemaakt , de PBvelbus server3.2b3 staat op de laptop die ik voorlopig gebruik( naderhand zou ik een mini pc willen plaatsen )

ik hoop dat iemand mij op weg wil helpen

groeten steven

Hello Steven

Merry Christmas to you too :wink:

Iā€™m sorry that I canā€™t help you in Dutch, but if you can handle help in English Iā€™ll do everything I can to get you up and running with OpenRemote.

If you need help in Dutch, I can ask a colleague to assist.

I wrote the OpenRemote how-to which should be everything you need, but please feel free to post any questions you have.

The Velbus forum page is here :- OpenRemote.com intergration with Velbus - Free to ALL

The OpenRemote how-to can be found here :- github.com/openremote/Documentation/wiki/Velbus

OpenRemote and I can offer ready built OpenRemote controllers if you need one.

Best wishes and seasonā€™s greetings.

Stuart

MDAR Ltd

www.mdar.eu

hi Stuart,
iā€™ll try doing my best in english.
i am trying to import my velbuslink VLP file but i canā€™t find it , or iā€™am doing it the wrong way .

for the openremote account i used the free version , is the wizard included here ?

i am a bit stuck with the structure i have to follow creating new commands,sensors, switchs

is it possible to send me a example where i can have a look in to get some idea ?

i hope to hear from you

greatings steven

Hello Steven,

I think I can see the problem :slight_smile:

Almost all of the answers youā€™re looking for are in the how to guide, so please take some time to read it very carefully.

Iā€™ll help you now with a few quick pointers.

The Velbus import wizard isnā€™t even on the draft board right now, there is work going on with a much better solution.

But for the record, the wizzard was never going to be released into the free / demo version of OpenRemote.

For your information, the demo version is going to be less supported because there is an attempt to migrate everyone to the Pro version.

Which can be purchased here :- openremote.com/professional-designer/ the commercial use cost is only $150 (one off cost for life)

With the Pro version you have access to the full range of Velbus commands.

As for an example project to look at, thatā€™s not as easy to offer, however we are working on a Velbus compatible version of an OpenRemote design which has occupancy prediction for heating control

More information can be found here :- groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/openremotecommunity/mDD8EKlsL34

As for how to build commands in OpenRemote for Velbus.

For a relay you will need a minimum of 5 elements :-

On command
Off command
Sensor (state query) command

OpenRemote sensor

Switch (using all of the above)

A dimmer would need less.

Dim level set command

Dim level query command

Dim level sensor

Slider (using all of the above)

Once this has been done, the switch and slider elements can be used in your user interface design.

Does this help?

Good luck,

Stuart

hi Stuart ,thanks for the reply

about the import wizard, that was what i thougt it would be, itā€™s no problem to buy the pro version if its that what iā€™am looking for and i think it is ,but iā€™am stil playing around with it.

about getting a relay on/off i managed to do that after putting the kids to sleep and drinking a Duvel :wink:

now i was trying to read the roomtemperature from a VMBT1S to my app ,i used the ā€œstatusā€ command and put that in a label , but that didnā€™t work well,
so i can use a tip here.

also thanks for the link to the google group, i imported the home example file and looked around and i it was verry helpfull.

greatings steven

Hello Steven,

Iā€™m glad the information was of use to you.

Although there is a lot to take in, so you might find you need to keep referring back to the how to guide :wink:

Especially when it comes to handling temperature sensors and the thermostat functionality.

Speaking of which, as the VMB1TS is from the first generation of modules, I chose not to ask for it to be included in the first phase of Velbus integration into OpenRemote.

However, now that it can be used in networks with the Oled panels, weā€™ve decided to add it in the next phase of modules integration, which will include the new Meteo device.

This should be completed in late January 2017.

Update - Feb 1st 2017 - The VMB1TS and VMBMETEO are now supported in OpenRemote, via the updated jar file - velbus-1.3.0.jar - which can be found via the GitHub wiki page.

Just a quick note on thermostats and commands, the STATUS command is only used to pick up very basic on / off / pressed / released events.

Once you start working with more advanced features, youā€™ll be using the module specific commands, like :-
Dim Level status
Temp Status
Temp mode status

(To list a few)

Thankfully Iā€™ve spent a long time detailing all of the commands in that how to guide, so with luck youā€™ll find everything you need in there :slight_smile:

Good luck,

Stuart

Hi ,Stuart
iā€™ve still have trouble with reading the temperature of a velbus VMB1TS ,i used the TEMP_STATUS command with the value ā€œcurrentā€, made a level sensor with it and used that sensor in the desinger with a label, but i get " N/A" diplayed in the label.

Do i have do something extra ?

steven

Arrrrrrr, I seeā€¦

Thatā€™ll be an RTM fault :slight_smile:

ā€œVMB1TS July 2015 Not available for testing, scheduled for inclusion late Jan 2017ā€

As it happens, weā€™re scheduled to test that module tonight, so if youā€™re very lucky, there will be a new version of the Velbus Jar file to drop into your controller.

If weā€™re really lucky, it will include the new VMBMETEO module and a nice extra feature with the counter_status commands.

To explain whyā€¦

During the startup process of OpenRemote, and Velbus base address that is mentioned in the design is polled for its device type, so that commands can be phrased correctly.

(Different relays expect commands in different structures for example, which is why the older relays arenā€™t supported)

As soon as the new version is available Iā€™ll put a comment here too.

Cheers,

Stuart

Dag Steven,

Na het lezen van jullie posts vroeg ik me af jij de Open Remote software aangekocht hebt of de coupon code kon gebruiken.

Binnenkort gaan we in ons huis ook een velbus installatie plaatsen en daarvoor had ik hraag zelf een app gemaakt.
Graag had ik het vooraf getest en ben nu natuurlijk ook opzoek naar een handige software daarvoor.

Op een andere topic had ik van Stuart vernomen dat je de coupon code kan invullen op de betaal website.
Jammergenoeg krijg ik geen vak om dit op in te vullen.

Vriendlijke groeten

Dag Steven,

Na het lezen van jullie posts vroeg ik me af jij de Open Remote software aangekocht hebt of de coupon code kon gebruiken.

Binnenkort gaan we in ons huis ook een velbus installatie plaatsen en daarvoor had ik hraag zelf een app gemaakt.
Graag had ik het vooraf getest en ben nu natuurlijk ook opzoek naar een handige software daarvoor.

Op een andere topic had ik van Stuart vernomen dat je de coupon code kan invullen op de betaal website.
Jammergenoeg krijg ik geen vak om dit op in te vullen.

Vriendlijke groeten

dag Nikitha,
ik heb de coupon gebruikt , je vind hem op de ā€œget startedā€ pagina, copy ā€œprivunivā€ en onder ā€œorder summaryā€ vind je de knop "add coupon"en paste de code

Dag Steven,

Is gelukt danku :slight_smile:

grtjs

Hey Steven,

If youā€™re interested in doing some pre-release functionality testing in OpenRemote with your VMB1TS modules, could you drop me an email so that I can pass the new Jar file.
(As I assume youā€™ve built the required commands already)

Otherwise, itā€™ll be a couple of days for me to run the tests on the 1 x VMB1TS that I have in my demo unit.

Cheers,

Stuart
[mailto:
beta@mdar.eu](mailto:)

Hello everyone,

Just a quick note to say that the VMB1TS is now included in OpenRemote, when velbus-1.3.0.jar is loaded into the local controller.

Cheers,

Stuart

and they work great !!!

1 Like