Problem with dimming LED lights

Hello,

I have installed these lights in my kitchen: https://www.weverducre.com/user_uploads/files/159Deep-1528723238.pdf

There are 2 different circuits: one with 2 lights and one with 4 lights.
The 2 circuits are connected on VMBDMI-R modules (one for each circuit).

On the circuit with the 2 lights, it works well, dimming is working fine.
On the circuit with the 4 lights, it does not work. The lights are flashing strangely when going on 100% (then they stabilize). But dimming does not change anything, the lights remain always at full intensity.
I tried removing 2 lights from the circuit: it works. When I add a third light, it starts not working.

Is the problem that the dimmer VMBDMI-R is not adapted to those lights?
Is the only solution to use a VMB4DC and a non-Velbus universal dimmer?

Thanks
Christophe

Hi

Quick questions…

• Have you changed the VMBDMI-R to resistive mode? (Factory setting is Inductive)

• Should we assume you’ve fitted the 220vac GU10 version ? “1.0 PAR16” or the 12v GU5.3 version with a “LED driver” between the VMBDMI-R and the fitting?

• Yes, I have set the module to resistive mode (with inductive, indeed, nothing turns on).
  • I have installed the “1.0” version of the lights (integrated LED) with the provided transfo.
1 Like

Christophe,

the W&D 1.0 is not dimmable. You should have a dimmable LED diver in the first place, then, if you want really a smooth and working dimming, you preferably do this with a VMB4DC and a 0-10V LED driver. This combination will always work.

If you have dimmable 230V LED bulbs, then the best thing to do is also to use the VMB4DC with NIKO dimmer 330-00701.

We never had problems with the approach as explained.

1 Like

Idd the niko dimmers will do the trick. Those are a bit more expensive but worth every cent.

Hello…the main guideline for effectively darkening LED lighting may sound evident yet it is a typical misguided judgment that any LED lights can be diminished with a LED dimmer. In actuality, the driver hardware must be structured in light of darkening. Subsequently, it is basic to pick lights that the producer portrays as ‘dimmable’. The absence of an industry standard for dimmable LED drivers has, however, prompted a bunch of various methodologies by light producers, some more effective than others.

1 Like