Velbus Domogik module

Hey,

i’m in the progress of finishing my velbus plugin for domogik.
Is there anyone who is willing to test it?
I only own vmb6pbn, vmb4yrld and vmb6in modules, so it would be nice if people with otehr modules could test/extend them …

regards,
Maikel

Hello Maikel,

Yes, I do want to perform some testing. I am using several Velbus components since 2008 and have the following ones running:
VMB1BL, VMB2BL, VMB4PD, VMB6IN, VMB8PB, VMBTR1, VMB1USB, VMBDME

Geert

Same for me : I’m programing a Windows Velbus control but… I need a web interface ! I would to test it :slight_smile:

i’m currently fixing some small things, but plan to commit the module in the weekend,
at that point you could run the development version of domogik with velbus.

but at the moment only relay’s can be handled, since i don’t have any temperature sensors to test i have no idea if they work :slight_smile:

i’ll post back when the code is committed.

[quote=“cereal”]i’m currently fixing some small things, but plan to commit the module in the weekend,
at that point you could run the development version of domogik with velbus.

but at the moment only relay’s can be handled, since i don’t have any temperature sensors to test i have no idea if they work :slight_smile:

i’ll post back when the code is committed.[/quote]

Just a question : domogik only works under Linux environnement ? because my server is WinXP FitPC… :frowning:

domogik is python, so it should work under windows :slight_smile:
but not sure and never tested.

also why the hell would you run something so important on windows? :wink:

1. PCfit was WinXP pre-installed with ability to start even after power shutdown.
  2. I’ve used Linux ubuntu on my PC for one year and… wasn’t able to solve some software problem that’s appears after 2 major update :frowning:
  3. I was an old WinNT administrator and my knowledge on WinXP are better than Linux
  4. Microsoft OS aren’t so bad :wink:

[quote=“Golfy”]1) PCfit was WinXP pre-installed with ability to start even after power shutdown.
2) I’ve used Linux ubuntu on my PC for one year and… wasn’t able to solve some software problem that’s appears after 2 major update :frowning:
3) I was an old WinNT administrator and my knowledge on WinXP are better than Linux
4) Microsoft OS aren’t so bad ;)[/quote]

Ah well, was not planning in starting the holy OS war :slight_smile:

Anyway the first checkin is made, domogik now supports velbus relays.
Dimmer and temp sensors will follow in the coming days

Note when defining device adresses:
1- use decimal
2- if multi channels add a dash and then the channel number (81-2, will launch relay 2 on module 81)

feel free to test :slight_smile:

Hi,

I have installed Domogik 0.1.0 RC4 on a Debian 6.0.3-i686 computer
My Velbus VMB1USB module is connected to the Debian PC but I cannot find the Velbus plugin in the domogik gui.

What can I do to get it to work with Velbus?

its not in domogik 0.1, it will be added to domogik 0.2, so you will heva to use the dev version:

here is an howto: wiki.domogik.org/Developers_gene … st_Domogik
at the first question select install and develop

Maikel

I have installed Domogik 0.2 on a Debian 6.0 VM but Domogik and Domoweb do not start automatically at boot. I always have to do the sudo /etc/init.d/domogik start and sudo /etc/init.d/domoweb start
The Domogik installation documentation mentions this… Make Domogik start with your computer
For Debian or Ubuntu systems:

update-rc.d domogik defaults

When I enter that command I get this…

update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing
update-rc.d: warning: domogik stop runlevel arguments (0 1 6) do not match LSB Default-Stop values (1)

Can you help please.

Geert

no idea,

never added it to a default runlevel …
maybe mail the mailinglist about this problem, or join there irc channel for a moment, there is always someone there, so you should get a fix asap

Maikel,
I saw that the plugin only supports direct communication with the usb interface. Is it somehow possible to use ethernet communication because I want to keep using the interface true my server? There are already a few scripts running wich are using the server true ethernet wich I really need (ie. bthroom light etcetc).

hmm, shoudle be possible to add :slight_smile:

will have to check out your server for this?
i just need to maintain a tcp connection to a specifick server/port and send/receive over that port?
anything else?

yep, that’s it.

A link to the code could be found on the forum here. It works the same way as the normal velbus server but than under linux. This code runs at my home server on centos and stable for more than a year :slight_smile: .I can use velbuslink to connect with it and my scripts which are written in C and perl (code of the scripts is also unther the same dir as the code of the server).
Soon I’ll give domogik a try :slight_smile:.

thanks already!

ok, during the weekend i’ll implement the tcp socket connection,

looks usefull for me to, this way i can run domogik and velbuslink at the same time :slight_smile:
so its usefull for me 2 :slight_smile:

Feel free to use it. There’s only still one problem. I have it worling on the vmb1usb but it still gives me a problem on the vmbrsusb interface (thrue usb, I didn’t tried the serial for now, maybe if I could find the time these days). I know that it sends the data via the vmbrsusb but it doesn’t receive the data, but as I said, the vmb1usb doesn’t give me any problems.

Maikel,
can you tell me where to find your plugin because it isn’t listed in the available plugins list?

its oly available in the dev version (checkedout from hg)

it will be in version 0.2, but that sheduled for the coming months.

I installed the 0.2.0 version, but I chose the option “install” and not develop. That’s maybe the reason …