VMBMETEO - km/h -> m/s

First of all, thanks Santa for this device :slight_smile:

Suggestion to have the choice of different units (km/h, m/s, Beaufort, knots) for wind measurement. For me personal, m/s would more applicable, maybe other would prefer knotsā€¦?

Another remark, following the mounting instructions there will be always one wind direction in the wind shadowā€¦ since this is designed for wall mounting. An option for ā€˜pole mountingā€™ would be appreciated. Maybe an idea to bring a 3d print design available as a retrofit?

Anyway, Iā€™ll create an outdoor test setup and will play with this device and itā€™s new featuresā€¦

Hello Bart,

Youā€™re timing is excellent.

Weā€™re about to add the Meteo to the OpenRemote library, Iā€™ll talk to the programmer and see if he can add an easy conversion command.

Merry Christmas,

Stuart

Hi

Thanks to your suggestion, weā€™re looking at adding a ā€œconversion factorā€ to the Counter_Status_Instant & Counter_Status commands in OpenRemote for ALL of the input modules that support that command.

So by using a conversion factor of 0.277778 would convert KM/H to M/S, or 0.539957 would convert KM/H to Knots.
Likewise, a factor of 0.0166666667 would convert Litres per Hour to Litres per Minute.

Iā€™ll let you know when that function becomes availableā€¦ soonā€¦

Cheers

Stuart

Hey Bart,

By any chance, would you happen to have an OpenRemote Pro Controller running with your Velbus network?

Iā€™ve got some interesting news regarding your question about different wind speed values :wink:

Cheers,

Stuart

mailto:beta@mdar.eu

Hi Bart,

I havenā€™t heard from you since your second email, so I assume youā€™re really busy.

To keep you in the loop, Iā€™ve tested the functionality of the VMBMETEO in OpenRemote and Iā€™m happy to say that itā€™s working really well, including your excellent suggestion of a multiplier to convert wind speed.

Weā€™ve extended that functionality to any other module that uses the counter status command. (Currently only the VMB7IN)

If you still need any help, just drop me a line.

Cheers,

Stuart