Who's writing own tools to control Velbus?

I’m developing a tool that connects with my Velbus modules:

• Yes, for private use
  • Yes, and willing to share later on
  • No, but I will do so later on
  • No

0 voters

I’m building a tool to control my Vista media center using push buttons on a Velbus module.

Once something is done I’ll post it here.

Anyone doing simular things? I’m currious how many people are busy writing own tools for Velbus … so I made up this poll :slight_smile:

I have developed a first release of my Home Theater lightning control. (VB.Net, then next realease in C#)
A push button at room entrance controls the start up of my scenario (dimming lights, starting music, …).
Then, using a touchscreen, I control my AV receiver, video projector and Velbus system… and of course, my computer that plays videos (using zoomplayer)

Using velbus modules, I control main lights (with slow dimming for a cinema effect :stuck_out_tongue: ), screen lights (you know : light archs on the screen 8) ) and the refreshing system (using the relay module).

I have tried X10in a previous version… but it is prehistorical compared to velbus modules.

But, I have build my own little library to control the velbus system using framework’s serialport object and its features.

I’m writing software in VB6. Don’t want to move to .net, because I have a lot of program experience in VB6. Maybe later on. I saw there is code for .NET available, but I started from empty project.

I don’t know if there are many people here writing in VB6, I made a little tutorial and included the code, so people can see it’s not that difficult.

wim.lowkey.be/DOMOTICA/tutorial_vbvelbus.zip

The tutorial shows how to connect to Velbuslink using socket connections, sending and receiving data.

Hi guys

Been working on my own software for a while now, but people who visit the house have become interested in it for their own projects, so i though i may put it up here and see what reaction i get… good or bad all is welcome.

No. I am not advertising, even if I do decide to give it away or sell it, it is a long way off yet, just looking for ideas, suggestions, comments, direction…you can have a look at the link below if you are interested.

Thanks to this forum for helping me get this far, it has been very useful so far.

Andrew

rockhoppers.co.uk

[quote=“rockhoppers1964”]Hi guys

Been working on my own software for a while now, but people who visit the house have become interested in it for their own projects, so i though i may put it up here and see what reaction i get… good or bad all is welcome.

No. I am not advertising, even if I do decide to give it away or sell it, it is a long way off yet, just looking for ideas, suggestions, comments, direction…you can have a look at the link below if you are interested.

Thanks to this forum for helping me get this far, it has been very useful so far.

Andrew

rockhoppers.co.uk[/quote]

hi andrew!

sent you a couple of email since december,
couldnt get hold of you :slight_smile:

could You contact me by mail: velbus(AT)ciceron-solutions.com

Would like to test your script.

Thank you

Hi. Sorry been traveling quite a bit with work. Sorry maybe the spam filter was a bit over active.

Mail me at Andrew@rockhoppers.co.UK. And I will reply.

Andrew

I’ve post a small part of code for PureBasic 4.3 and above on this forum but… I’m building my house and don’t have enough time to code for the moment.
However, my code will still open-source just because Internet bring me lot of free apps, so if I can contribute to this way, I will do :smiley:
https://forumtest.velbus.eu/t/velbus-protocol-and-purebasic-control-velbus-with-pc/2652/1

Move to my new house is planned for March, 12th :open_mouth:
I have to go now… (where are my moving boxes ?) :laughing:

hi,

i’m writting my program in visual C# express 2010. i can control all my dimmers and relays. Heating is controlled by TS module and some soft. Day and night simulation is done via database. various temperature changes is also done via database. Have to find a way to tell the TS module the wanted temperature.
Anyone knows how to do this?

Stis

[quote=“Golfy”]I’ve post a small part of code for PureBasic 4.3 and above on this forum but… I’m building my house and don’t have enough time to code for the moment.
However, my code will still open-source just because Internet bring me lot of free apps, so if I can contribute to this way, I will do :smiley:
https://forumtest.velbus.eu/t/velbus-protocol-and-purebasic-control-velbus-with-pc/2652/1

I have to go now… (where are my moving boxes ?) :laughing:[/quote]

good luck david, I guess the most difficult part is behind you!

Hope to catch back with you when you have time, ill be travelling those next week too.

[quote=“Ciceron”]

[quote=“Golfy”]I’ve post a small part of code for PureBasic 4.3 and above on this forum but… I’m building my house and don’t have enough time to code for the moment.
Free Shipping discount at Moving Boxes[/quote]

I have to go now… (where are my moving boxes ?) :laughing:

good luck david, I guess the most difficult part is behind you!

Hope to catch back with you when you have time, ill be travelling those next week too.[/quote]

thanks for your post.

Lot’s of years have passed since I’ve started this thread, folks :wink:
Who’s still in the game? Any progress on old projects? Having new ones?

I’m thinking on writing a nodejs API in Typescript. Also Philips Hue interaction is required.
My proof of concept is working flawless for 4 months now, so I want to continue with it. Ideas/help is welcome!

Gert

I wrote some stuff in perl: https://github.com/StefCoene/velserver

It’s working fine for my home-setup.
I tried to create it as a stand alone tool.
I have build in support for openHAB so updates are immediately pushed to openHAB with the openHAB REST API, but it’s not hard to interface with an other tool if there is an API available.

Stef

1 Like

Nice @Stef_Coene, any music system link in mind?

Not really, but once OpenHAB is connected to Velbus you can use whatever is supported by OpenHAB.

My goal is writing a velbus interface for monitoring the bus and sending updates to OpenHAB or an other domotica platform.
And also provide an interface for other software to control the velbus modules.

Stef

3 Likes

I have almost finished writing a C# Windows/Android voice controlled application to communicate to Velbus through the HomeCenter server (HomeCenter).
Right now it only supports simple relays and dimmers, but I’m planning to add more voice commands soon.

2 Likes

A quick note to all the fabulous people creating so much interesting stuff related to Velbus: if you make a demo video, pictures, blog post, etc, we at Velbus would be very happy to share a selection on our Facebook page or other social channels.

Keep up the good work :+1:

2 Likes