AC usage (more power during day)

Hi everyone,

I was hoping for some guidance… I have my Velbus on my AC system… currently Y1 + G1 (normal demand + low fan speed) is configured on the Cooler channel.

If temps go >2C from set temp, I put it Y2 + G2 (higher demand, medium fan) and at >4C I do Y2 (higher demand + full fan).

Ideally, during the day, when the sun is heating up the house the most, I think it would be better to have the Cooler channel kick-in the G2 instead of G1… while at night, G1 is preferred due to the noise…

How can I make the execution of the cooler channel have control G1 during night, and G2 during day (in Follow Mode)

for now I fixed it n OpenHab - but would love to have this in VelbusLink directly.

rule "G2 Day Booster"
when
    Item velbusvmb4ryldAddress36_MasterBedACY1 changed from OFF to ON
then 
    logInfo("ACUNITS","AC MSTRBED DEMAND REQUESTED")
    if (IsDayTimeForAC.state == ON){
        logInfo("ACUNITS","AC MSTRBED DAYTIME G2 FAN SWITCHING ON")
        sendCommand('velbusvmb4ryldAddress36_MasterBedACG2', "ON")
    }else {
        logInfo("ACUNITS","AC MSTRBED DAYTIME G2 FAN - BEDTIME - G2 DENIED")
    }
end

rule "G2 Day Booster fulfilled"
when
    Item velbusvmb4ryldAddress36_MasterBedACY1 changed from ON to OFF
then 
    logInfo("ACUNITS","AC MSTRBED DEMAND FULFILLED")
    if (IsDayTimeForAC.state == ON){
        logInfo("ACUNITS","AC MSTRBED DAYTIME G2 FAN SWITCHING OFF")
        sendCommand('velbusvmb4ryldAddress36_MasterBedACG2', "OFF")
    }else{
        logInfo("ACUNITS","AC MSTRBED DAYTIME G2 FAN BEDTIME - G2 NOT USED")
    }
end
1 Like

It is possible to do this by adding a Follow action between the two relay channels.

Then apply a timed Inhibit to the second relay.

From what I understand, a Force command will ignore any other commands that would affect the output state, meaning that when the Force is removed, the relay will wait for another command before changing.

Whereas an Inhibit command will allow the relay status to monitor commands so that when the inhibit is removed the output will be set as per the last command

The inhibit can be applied by a sunrise / sunset / time trigger from any Velbus input device

so… theoretically

Cooler == Y1 + G1
G2 ==
Inhibit Cooler

Then a program will run:
G2 Forced OFF @21:00
G2 Cancel forced off @7:00

Correct?

Cooler == Y1 + G1 {Both “Follow”}
G1 to G2 == Follow
Button from any device to G2 == Inhibit

Then two programs to the button will run:
G2 Inhibit @21:00 {0702} (Button Pressed) (or 21:00 Press for 20ms {0701} with a 10 hour time out)
G2 Cancel Inhibit @7:00 {0703} (Button Released)

Where Initiator 3 is the Trigger from your G1

https://www.velbus.eu/downloads/velbus/00_general/guide_velbus_actions_descriptions_nl.html#cat_07

https://www.velbus.eu/downloads/velbus/00_general/guide_velbus_actions_descriptions_nl.html
CTRL & f - “inhibit”

Action group 0701

As a wise man once said… “Testing is knowing” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: