An other Velbus-server (Purebasic)

Thanks for sharing!

By the way, I need help from** Linux** users :slight_smile:
could you please try this ?
golfy.free.fr/Velbus/PB_Velbus-S … server.exe
or
golfy.free.fr/Velbus/PB_Velbus-S … server.zip

It’s the 3.08 version compiled under LinuxMint 13 (64 bits).
Feedback, screenshots and other information are welcome :slight_smile:

i tested it on

Linux desktop 3.2.0-35-generic #55-Ubuntu SMP Wed Dec 5 17:42:16 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
this and here it seems to work :slight_smile:

one tip thought, a linux program is not called .exe :slight_smile:

but i can not use it connected to my velbus system, as my server does not have a gui installed at home, and my velbus is connected to this system, that also the reason why i still use jeroends c server, as this one just runs in the background, no gui needed.

I can not test this at the moment since I have no 64 bit version of linux running at this time. Also as Cereal said, a graphical environment is needed to run this. As the most stable linux servers don’t run in an graphical mode, this is not very interresting (by the way, it’s never interresting to have a server running in a graphical mode since this takes a lot of processing power away only to see some visuals + could make the system more instable).
Also an other notice, some of the (embedded) boards I’m working on even don’t have a video out, or aren’t meant to use with a display (for ex. the olimex olinuxino imx233 or the a13 micro).

If you want to have your server app running stable, you’ll have to split it up in 2 parts. The “real” server part, which takes care of the connections an distribution of the velbus packets and is a console app that runs in the background. The visualisation part, which would be optional and has only no more to do as connecting to the server part and to do some visuals. This as reason that when the visual part crashes the whole system doesn’t goes down and it will be usable to users that don’t use a display.

Why is it so interresting to use embedded boards with no display: simply because they are so low power consuming, very stable and there are boards that will fit in a din rail enclosure (look for ex at tuxrail from busware.de). For domogik I’d recommend using a rasperry pi at this time since the other boards don’t have enough memory (waiting for other boards to try out, but the last few months I didn’t had the time at all).

So, I hope this is a bit more clear why your app isn’t that interresting on linux at this time, yet it looks very promessing on windows.

ps: another advantage when splitting up your app, you could have the server part running at a linux station (for ex.) and have the front app (the monitoring part) still running in windows (I’m not doing everything in linux btw ;-))

yeah if you could split the application to a backend (tcp to serial) and the gui (connecting over tcp to teh backend) i would be verry interested in the gui, but same for jeroen, my velbus connection is linked to a headless setup

Your advices sound great : I’ve to created a WinServices or Linux daemon and then bring the windows apps as a standalone application (a Wireshark like for Velbus :slight_smile: ).
Maybe linux daemon from jeroends would be enough then, if I can connect to it with TCP. How it works ? could it support many connexions ? if a host send a frame to Velbus USB/Serial, is this frame replicated to other TCP hosts ?
Thanks,
David

GG Golfy en tout cas :slight_smile:
Merci pour toutes ces versions sympa !

Cool polur Linux, ca devrait pouvoir rapidement tourner sur un synology ça :slight_smile:

[quote=“Golfy”]Your advices sound great : I’ve to created a WinServices or Linux daemon and then bring the windows apps as a standalone application (a Wireshark like for Velbus :slight_smile: ).
Maybe linux daemon from jeroends would be enough then, if I can connect to it with TCP. How it works ? could it support many connexions ? if a host send a frame to Velbus USB/Serial, is this frame replicated to other TCP hosts ?
Thanks,
David[/quote]

it works by just connecting tcp socket to the defined port 3788 i think. and then you receive your frames over that tcp socket.

i’m using it with up to 4 connections and its working perfectly for over a year now.

yes, you could use it to send messages through your serial device with many (many many) connections. I don’t know anymore how many connections I’ve running, but they all connect from time to time (I’m using a few different scripts to control some things like ie. blinds_up).

for more info how to use: [forum.velbus.eu/t/velbus-software/3041/1)
You could use any port you want to, but standard it is stil 3788 (this was first standard used by velbus)

Sorry for late answer, not enough time to really work on it.
But I’ve enhanced the windows version with 2 functions :

• Enhanced time resolution in Date message
  • Log to file enabled (checkbox was here but nothing worked before 3.10)

golfy.olympe.in/Teo-Tea/2014/11/ … e-version/

there is a linux version but more experimental (it works on Debian, thanks to niels for his help) !!!

By the way, I keep the GUI version because** it’s the only way to see messages coming from Velbus or from Network **: if I create a daemon, the GUI analyzer could never see if messages are Velbus or network generated !
Maybe, I could create an other port (dual server port) : first network port for standard applications (VelbusLink, VelbusCmd, Veltron, …) and an other port for dedicated protocol with analyzer.

MDAR Ltd (UK) is currently working very closely with the back office coding team at openremote.com to provide full support for the current and future Velbus modules.

This intergration was made possible with the exclusive use of Golfy’s PB_Server :slight_smile:

We’d all like to thank Golfy publicly for his efforts to create this robust server app.

For anyone interested in making use of the upcoming OpenRemote Pro Velbus support should sign up for an account at openremote.com and setup a Velbus server like PB_Server for your new local OpenRemote server to talk to.

I can be messaged directly for more information.

Again, thank you to everyone that has contributed to this intergration project.

Best wishes,

Stuart

MDAR Ltd.

hello ,

is it possible to put a tutorial online , how to make the connection between openremote and the velbusserver

this information is already online somewhere ?

Regards
Geubbelmans Joram
Belgium

Thanks for the interest in OpenRemote Pro, PB_Server & Velbus.

More information about the integration can be found on this topic.

[forum.velbus.eu/t/openremote-com-intergration-with-velbus-free-to-all/11538/1)

Rest assured that the fine detail about how to configure OpenRemote Pro with a Velbus TCP server will be listed in the How To documentation on the OpenRemote site when the integration is launched before the end of September.

All you’ll need is the IP address and port number of your Velbus TCP server, or multiple servers.

Update - Oct 2015

Current Velbus modules are now fully supported in OpenRemote Pro V1.3

Please follow this forum topic for more information

[forum.velbus.eu/t/openremote-com-intergration-with-velbus-free-to-all/11538/1)

hi, I have now run the server for a few days and works well,
now my question is ,
is there a possibility to operate via an html code ( or javascript) a switch ( code on the can )

greet Joram

[quote=“jorampic”]hi, I have now run the server for a few days and works well,
now my question is ,
is there a possibility to operate via an html code ( or javascript) a switch ( code on the can )

greet Joram[/quote]

Hi,

Are you asking about communicating directly with PB_Server?

Which I understand can be done from a MS Dos command line app, which can be found on Golfy’s site.

Or are you asking about controlling a feature in OpenRemote Pro from a HTML code?

Which is possible, if you use a URL that addresses a button or Switch directly, please search the OpenRemote forum for more info.

Alternatively, there is the WebConsole feature in OpenRemote, which gives full access to your OpenRemote panels from a web browser.
Again, please search the OpenRemote forum for more help.

Hello guys,
just a good news, there is a new version of PB_Velbus-server : 3.24.

Hope this site would stay a long time (executables still on my personal website) :slight_smile:

1 Like

velbuscmd.exe detected as virus by avira.
please check if compromised!!

Thanks Ciceron. I’ve to show a SHA256 hash of all my files.
For now, no problem with my applications and if you’re affraid to use it, you can put a firewall rule to block any external connexions (allow only LAN connexion to the server).

PB_Velbus-server : VirusTotal

velbusCmd : VirusTotal

VelCheck : VirusTotal

In last resort, I could send you original sources files and you can compile them with PureBasic.

2 Likes

it is not that i dont trust you, sometimes servers got hacked and files replaced with virus…

There is no problem with your comment, I was IT security consulting in a previous life (now teacher… in computing science ^^ )
If you want to compare my original SHA256 files with downloaded file :

• PB_Velbus-server ► EC5FF052F7E279B3B97D17355D51573D70DFA9194995ABBC34ABD8AA681D10DB
  • VelbusCmd ► 63106B901B9EE705701FCC7462510DA0EBA941EB3D6708FC77A11AE3B1854B31
  • VelCheck.exe ► AB63AD0CDFCAEBF97FCF5A5926778330D80A3884EAF5001ECF742D07A7A0AC06

I use a simple application on Sourceforge : CyoHash (https://sourceforge.net/projects/cyohash/ )
I agree with you about security, so your warning is good for everyone :wink:

1 Like