OpenRemote.com intergration with Velbus - Free to ALL

Maybe a stupid question ,
but which velbus server are you working with?

I’ve seen jvelbus but doesn’t seem to be active anymore ,
golfy pv_velbus server , but can’t access the website anymore.

can you help me in the right direction?

[quote=“kjellvan”]Maybe a stupid question ,
but which velbus server are you working with?

I’ve seen jvelbus but doesn’t seem to be active anymore ,
golfy pv_velbus server , but can’t access the website anymore.

can you help me in the right direction?[/quote]

Not a stupid question at all .

I’ve checked out all the URLs I have for PB_Server, JVelbus and JVelbusD, but they all appear to be offline.

I’ll email the respective authors and ask for an update.

As for your primary question, I’m using PB_Server 3.12 on a Windows machine and the latest JVelbusD server on a number of Linux machines.

All of which are working really well. (Dare I say, fautlessly)

If the news is bad from the authors of the software, I’ll find a way of hosting the files.

thx for your effort!

Are you in a desperate hurry to get a copy of either?

I’ve discovered that olympe.in has ended their services (Thanks to Stuart, to informed me about that :slight_smile: ).
The site will be created (maybe differently) but here is the link : PB_Velbus-server isn’t dead :slight_smile: !
golfy.free.fr/Velbus/PB_Velbus-Server/PB_Velbus-server.exe

Thx, I’ll give that a try with a windows pc , would also like to test with a beaglebone.
If you hear something from the developper , would je let me know?

again , thx for the effort!

Good luck :wink:

If you need a copy of JVelbusD before the repository is back on line, drop me a message and I’ll see what I can do.

Cheers,

Stuart

Gunther also has an issue with his web host, his JVelbusD server can be downloaded here until his site is back online
[
mdar.eu/dl/velbus/JVelbusD.zip]()

Hello,

I’m trying to get openremote to work with my velbus system. I’m having trouble with devices that have a higher address then 09(HEX).
For example I have a VMBGPOD(Glass touch) with address 0A HEX (or 10 Decimal).
When I add a new device in the openremote designer and with the decimal address 10 I get the following error in the velbus.log
INFO 2016-06-16 10:59:57,523 (Velbus): Device is not reachable so cannot process command
INFO 2016-06-16 10:59:57,535 (Velbus): Device is not reachable so cannot process command
INFO 2016-06-16 11:15:52,707 (Velbus): Device is not reachable so cannot process command
INFO 2016-06-16 11:15:52,720 (Velbus): Device is not reachable so cannot process command
INFO 2016-06-16 11:25:53,284 (Velbus): Device is not reachable so cannot process command
INFO 2016-06-16 11:25:53,295 (Velbus): Device is not reachable so cannot process command

Is annyone else having this problem?

[quote=“MDAR”]Hello Stef,

Yes, that would be perfect.

If you need any help at all in getting it up and running, please do give me a shout.

I might be able to supply you with a zip of a set of commands to import and get you started.

Good luck

Stuart[/quote]

Hello MDAR,

Can you send me that zip file with a set of commands?

Thanks,

Kristof

Hi Kristof,

I can export my test config for you and edit the base addesss’.
Which should give you something to work with.

Would you be kind enough to email me your VLP file, or a simple list of modules and base addresses (a PDF can be exported from VelbusLink)

If I don’t have the right quantities of modules in my design, I’ll add basic commands for additional modules.

Do you have any RGB lighting running off VMB4DCs?

If so, I’ll keep the RGB colour picker rule in the design for you.

Cheers,

Stuart

Hello,

I have send you a email with the VLP file

No I’m not running any VMB4DCs modules or RGB lights

Thanks!

Hi Kristof,

I’m a little puzzled by the problem with addresses over 10.

Our test rigs run much higher addresses than that.

I suspect it’s just a typo as your VLP file looks fine to me.

I’ll email you something to work with.

Cheers,

Stuart

I look forward to working with open remote,
do you have a tutorial for programming of Velbus system in open remote,
I find nothing on the site of open remote,
or is it possible to make a video tuto we can all a good make good start?

Regards
Geubbelmans joram

ik zie er naar uit om met openremote te werken , heb jij een tutorial voor het programeren van velbus system in openremote , ik vindt er niets van terug op de site van openremote , of is het mogelijk om een video tuto te maken dan kunnen we allemaal een goede goede start maken ?

vriendelijke groeten
Geubbelmans joram

Good morning,

There is an in depth how to document on the OpenRemote.org site.
[
openremote.org/display/docs/ … o±+Velbus]()

The old OpenRemote forum has some topics that relate to Velbus

openremote.org/display/forums/OpenRemote+Forums

The new Google Groups page has a couple of topics on Velbus too.

groups.google.com/forum/m/#!forum/openremotecommunity

Feel free to search the forums for hints, but if you need a specific answer please post your question here or on the Google Groups page.

Good luck.

Hello,

I have another question for you guys, I have a energy counter(with the VMB7IN) for counting my water, gas and electricity. I have added the sensors in openremote but i only see a part of the value… For example i have a total use on my velbus glass(VMBGPOW) of 13000L and what I see on openremote is 130,15.
What should the settings look like for the sensor?
I use a command: counter_status

Thanks!

Kristof

OpenRemote settings
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10178160/velbus-command.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10178160/velbus-sensor.JPG
OpenRemoteApp
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10178160/Photo%2014-07-16%2009%2011%2046.png
Velbuslink
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10178160/velbuslink.JPG

Hi Kristof,

I’ve got a very similar setup in my home.

But if one counter works, they all should.

Can you tell me which firmware you have in your glass panels and VMB7IN please.

N/A is a little concerning, is the command structured correctly?

Also, as this looks like more of an OpenRemote issue, could you post a question on the OpenRemote Google Groups page please?

These are screen grabs from my test panel

groups.google.com/forum/m/#!forum/openremotecommunity

On a side note Kristof,

I see that you have your doorbell on input 7 of your VMB7IN, which is exactly the same as my house.

If you have an Android device, you might be amused by this post on Google Groups -

groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/openremotecommunity/8lgeF_yIWC4

Hi MDAR,

The firmware level of the VMB7IN is 1439. I haven’t updated any of my modules because I read some bad things about it…
I have a iPhone but i will take a look at it :wink:

Thanks for the support!

Kristof

Good morning Kristof,

I’ve had a conversation with one of the programmers at OpenRemote this morning about this issue.

There doesn’t appear to be anything wrong with how you’ve configured the Counter_Status command and the VMB7IN firmware is the same version that is running in my house.

So the only thing we can think of is to ask which version of the OpenRemote controller you’re using?

The current version 2.5.0 does have a few minor changes to the Velbus file, one is that current temperature values are now reported to 0.1° resolution and there are some minor changes to the counter multiplier.

Looking carefully at your post, it does appear that OpenRemote is reporting the Water total at 1/100th of its true value.

While I haven’t seen that behaviour before, it might be worth double checking that you’re running the latest Velbus Jar file.

Please let us know how you get on.

Best wishes,

Stuart

I’m giving it a go and following the how-to. But in the openremote designer i can’t find velbus…

In the designer navigate to the “Building Modeler -> Config for Controller -> Velbus”.

So I must be missing something?