Velbus and Raspberry pi

i just committed a new velbus plugin, it can now handle different status messages for different modules:

def _process_251_8(self, data):

this methode is prepared for the vmb4ry module,
as i don’t have such a module i can not test it, so please add you tested code to it and let me know if it works, i’ll add it to the default plugin.

ok. I Will test it

Hi, sorry I took so long, I updated domogik and tested the code. But I get an error when switching on the lights.
The light goes

Eror - RINOR : ‘No data or timeout on getting command response’ (/rinor/api/command/velbus/34-1/)

so domoweb doesn’t set the status to on in the interface and I can’t switch it back off

I don’t see any error in the velbus log, so I will need to do some more debugging / testing
The new code detects a VMB4RY

2013-04-16 11:21:14,094 domogik-velbus INFO write packet
2013-04-16 11:21:14,094 domogik-velbus DEBUG start sending packet to 0x22
2013-04-16 11:21:14,095 domogik-velbus DEBUG 0ff822020201d204
2013-04-16 11:21:14,113 domogik-velbus DEBUG starting parser: 0ffb2208fb010001800000004f04
2013-04-16 11:21:14,113 domogik-velbus DEBUG Received message with type: 'relay switch status' address: 34 module: VMB4RY(8)
2013-04-16 11:21:14,121 domogik-velbus DEBUG starting parser: 0ff8220400010000d204
2013-04-16 11:21:14,121 domogik-velbus DEBUG Received message with type: 'switch status' address: 34 module: VMB4RY(8)
2013-04-16 11:21:14,121 domogik-velbus DEBUG Messagetype module specifick parser not implemented
2013-04-16 11:21:14,121 domogik-velbus INFO schema:sensor.basic, data:{'device': '34-1', 'current': 'HIGH', 'type': 'input'}
2013-04-16 11:21:14,122 domogik-velbus DEBUG normal send
2013-04-16 11:21:14,125 domogik-velbus DEBUG xPL Message sent by thread velbus-process-reader : xpl-trig

module specifick parser not implemented :slight_smile:

thats the reason, make sure you have the parse_ procedure defined, this one will be used to parse the message

Hi

I’m thinking about using a Raspberry Pi to act as a simple Velbus server, can anyone suggest a stable solution?

FYI

I’m completely new to the whole Raspberry Pi hardware, so please be gentle :wink:

[quote=“MDAR”]Hi

I’m thinking about using a Raspberry Pi to act as a simple Velbus server, can anyone suggest a stable solution?

FYI

I’m completely new to the whole Raspberry Pi hardware, so please be gentle ;-)[/quote]

I am using model b with raspbian. Up and running for months…

These upcoming months, I also hope to be able to release a stable cross-platform Velbus API and network server (Linux, Mac OSX and Windows). Everything is fully compatible with most popular embedded linux devices (BeagleBone Black, Raspberry Pi, …).

github.com/gunthervb/velbus/
github.com/gunthervb/velbusd/

The server will allow development of various local and remote client applications.

However, it is still under development and it is not an official Velbus project.

[quote=“VEL448”]These upcoming months, I also hope to be able to release a stable cross-platform Velbus API and network server (Linux, Mac OSX and Windows). Everything is fully compatible with most popular embedded linux devices (BeagleBone Black, Raspberry Pi, …).

github.com/gunthervb/velbus/
github.com/gunthervb/velbusd/

The server will allow development of various local and remote client applications.

However, it is still under development and it is not an official Velbus project.[/quote]

cool project,
how does the velbusd work? is it a simple pasthourg same ad jeroends his server?

Yes, it will be a USB <-> network bridge because that would allow multiple clients to connect locally or remotely. And the clients could eventually be written using the same Velbus API.

One specific client application could be a logger for power consumption, temperature and water, with a web-based interface (apache, mysql, php, REST, google charts) running on an embedded board. I’ve already done some research and it is very much feasible.

And I must say, it’s a fun project to work on :slight_smile:

yeah thats exactly what we are doing with domogik :slight_smile:
we have all that already, but its not velbus specifick

i’ll have a look on how to hook your code into domogik, as i’m now doing all this parsing in python to, and maybe its not needed anymore

Ok then I won’t reinvent the wheel, Domogik looks really good and already has more than a year’s worth of development. My initial intention was only to create an API and server, nothing visual, so I’ll stick to that :slight_smile:

ok cool,

i’m looking in creating a python interface to your c api, this way domogik does not need all the packet decoders anymore

In that case it might be better to wait a while longer until the daemon and API have evolved more. That way you would be able to connect to the daemon instead of directly to the port itself. I’ll certainly put in examples and build instructions.

@VEL448 Any progress?
I can’t wait to install it on my pi.

Allright, I’ll try to give the project a new boost in the coming week :slight_smile: Sorry to keep you guys waiting, so much to do so little time

Thank you. I can’t wait to give it a try

Hello Vel448

Any news :slight_smile:

I know you are really busy with lots of other exciting developments.

You know I’m keen to test it with my graphing app :slight_smile:

[forum.velbus.eu/t/graphing-temperature-events-within-a-velbus-network/11624/1)

Well I’m busy on three projects for Velbus

Cross-platform Velbus API
github.com/gunthervb/velbus

Cross-platform network server
github.com/gunthervb/velbusd

LUA binding for the Velbus API
github.com/gunthervb/LuaVelbus

I’m also busy setting up a website for them. Right now I’m focusing on the API rather than the server, since it’s a building block for the server. The day to look forward to is the day the server will be ready and running though :slight_smile:

Hey ,
it is possible to provide installation instructions, or has anyone done this already?

Regards from belgium

The projects have changed a lot since these posts and both projects are very close to being finished. Right now you’ll still have some trouble getting it to work yourself from what’s on GitHub. Over the weekend I will be finalizing a lot of things and I’ll gradually start setting up a website with all you need to get started. Developers are always welcome to delve into the source code and contribute what they can, you can contact me through my GitHub profile :slight_smile: I’ll be putting doxygen documentation online as well this weekend for the SDK itself.