Velbus server

What exactly is the “Velbus server” that is due in 2019?

To begin with, its main functions will be:

• USB/LAN gateway
  • IoT, protocol interface (“translation”/connection between Velbus protocol and other protocols - which exactly remains to be determined, and will be gradually expanded over time), API
  • tablet/smartphone control
  • NTP server
  • visual configuration of the Velbus system (especially for more complex functions like IF-THEN-ELSE, …)

Over time these will be extended/expanded and completed with others.

2 Likes

What will be the difference with the Home center solution by Stijnen?
Is worth waiting for or do you still need both or…?

Maybe the most important difference is that the new Velbus server will be designed, maintained and supported in-house by Velbus. Home Center is third party.
In any case, there is no need to have both.

1 Like

Hi,

Really excited about this, is there any possibility of getting early trial versions or getting involved in testing from a consumer end ?

Thank you for your interest, but at the moment we are testing closer by home so we can intervene rapidly if necessary and have more control over the process. Maybe in a later stage…

Thanks,

Let me know of you decide to extend, very keen to see this working :slight_smile:

What functions will be integrated compared to the Home Center from Stijnen Solutions?
For example the Sonos or integrated camera’s?

Is their any idea rising for communication with Somfy automated sun solutions?
As before the outdoor weather station, their were no hands-on solutions for automating sun screens etc.

At this point we cannot be much more specific than what I already mentioned above, I’m afraid.

1 Like

Hi,

What is the status of the ‘velbus server’.
I’m interested in installing it.

Thanks in advance,

MVA

Still under development, current expectations are to release a first version in May/June, but this can still change.

1 Like

@Velbus345 :

Hi,

Are there any updates on the development? Since you mentioned May/June in your previous post, maybe there’s some interesting news about the Signum server module?

Thanks!

The module is still under development. We’ve already gathered a lot of feedback and there are quite a few things that we’ve tackled during the last months but a release in June will not happen. We want to have a lot of functions in our VMBSIG. Therefore, the expected release has been postponed several times. We are now finishing up and release a first version with the stable functions first to extend it later with new functions.

1 Like

Any update on VMBSIG release planning?

We had to make a change in the software concept to make sure the Signum will be capable of following the rapid changes in the home automation market in the long term.
As a result, the release date has been postponed and we now expect to release the Signum in the second quarter of 2020. We will be showing a first working version at Batibouw 2020 (end of February).

2 Likes

Any news on this?
Looking forward to finally have an API! :wink:

Still on course for the objectives as mentioned above :slight_smile:

1 Like