Ventilation control - 3 pos switch - VMB4RYLD

Hi Vel345

I’ve just noticed a glaring error in the logic of your suggestion.

You’ve earlier suggested a relay arrangement where really 1 must always be on, with a choice of relay 2 and 3 for medium or high.

Whereas the diagram you’ve posted has the following logic.

Relay 1 must be on for the fan to work at any speed.

Relay 1+2 must be on for medium.

Relay 1+2+3 must be on to achieve full speed.

But your action logic follows your first really arrangement.

@Bart,

I’m sorry, I’m just not clear on how you’ve wired your fan and programmed your VMB1BLS.

[quote=“MDAR”]Hi Vel345

@Bart,

I’m sorry, I’m just not clear on how you’ve wired your fan and programmed your VMB1BLS.[/quote]

Step 0 = slow (always on)
Step (0+)2 = medim
Step (0+)3 = high

FYI ventilation Codumé - HRU 3

I’ve retried this time with a small test setup

So as recommended I didn’t use the VMB4RYLD but a VMB1BLS instead. (and a VMB1RYNOS to have a Virtual relais in my test environment).
https://s23.postimg.org/g8iksz0az/20161215_210544.jpg

Then followed the steps (again) below and victory! No idea why i didn’t succeed with the previous attempt.

• button “slow” → blind channel: inhibit (action nr.65)
  • button “medium” → virtual relay: restartable timer 1s (15)
  • button “high” → virtual relay: restartable timer 1s (15)
  • virtual relay → blind channel: cancel inhibit (67)
  • button “medium” → blind channel: “direct up” (2)
  • button “high” → blind channel: “direct down” (5)

Pressing the “slow” button inhibits the medium/high relays and thus makes the ventilation fall back to slow speed. Pressing the “medium” or “high” button cancels this inhibition (through an intermediary virtual relay) and switches the medium resp. high speed on. Pressing “slow” again, falls back to slow speed by inhibiting again the two higher speeds.

Position 1 = Slow (Always ON)
Position 2 = Medium (toggled VMB1BLS Up)
Position 3 = High (toggled VMB1BLS Down)

Anyway, now i can integrate the ventilation control on top of the original RF control.

https://s29.postimg.org/ytrtxm1lj/20161214_211807_1.jpg

Al right, time to bring this to the next level and go for Ventilation Control 2.0

So the idea is to have the ventilation to position high when the light in the bathroom is on for 3 minutes, then goes to position slow when light has been switched off after 5 minutes.
More or less a copy of the FAQ solution for -> toilet - ventilator delayed on\delayed off.

But due the fact there is no relay for the ventilator but a blind control I’m missing action 19.delayed off when relais on. Here i would need a workaround… any ideas?
Any suggestion that would put me on track again is appreciated :wink:

You’re moving ahead pretty quickly with this, now that you’ve got some time :slight_smile:

I’m sure the Velbus team will suggest some far better solution, but for my offering…

If the blind module doesn’t have the command, how about lining it to a virtual relay channel that does?

Use a delay on command in a relay to set the time out, with a 1 second pulse, then put an OFF / Close / Open command against that pulse?

So, switching the light on would also put the fan into fast mode, and set the timer going on the virtual relay?

Unless, there is a time out function in the blind module?

On event = Open with 5 minute timer?

Does that help at all?

Good luck,

Stuart

Hey Stuart,

I’ve categorised my velbus installation under hobbies now… so I’m home playing with this installation, which means happy wife :slight_smile:

Hmm yes, i could place another VR in between. Because this one can ‘accept’ a 19.switch off if relay on command and ‘send’ an 65.inhibit. Same function as the slow button.
So it must be like this then

https://s24.postimg.org/vuh5o9qyt/2017_01_04_20h34_20.png

It doesn’t work completely… the action 19 coming from Relay Light bathroom does not trigger VR-Venti Time2.

When I manually trigger VR-Venti Time1 -> ventilation goes to High
then I manually trigger VR-Venti Tme2 -> ventilation goes to Slow. =OK

Pressing the light button bathroom triggers VR-Venti Time1 -> ventilation goes to High =OK

So I’m missing something…
Thanks for the help!

Hello Bart :wink:

I like what you’ve done there, I’d try it myself but I don’t think my good lady would accept the house renovation becoming a hobby :wink:

In her eyes it’s a matter of urgency. :wink:

As for your fan, I haven’t fired my laptop up for a few days, so I’m only guessing right now.

Could it be to do with your 65. Overdrukken (Inhibit) action?

Have you tried… “Down” / “Force Down” or similar actions?

Inhibit is an odd command that I haven’t completely got the hang of yet.

One situation I tried resulted in the state of the relay being held until the inhibit was removed.

IE.
The relay would stay on or off and ignore all other actions for as long as the inhibit was active.

Whereas the lock action switched the relay off and kept it off.

Does that help?

I’ll fire my laptop up over the weekend and see if I can make more sense of this.

Good luck,

Stuart

Hi,

:slight_smile:

I will try antoher option, because honestly i don’t get the Inhibit stuff either (among a lot of other functions), so following the learning by doing path.
(also there is a mistake in previous overview, initiating f69 from a virtual relais is not possible)

Anyways, have been thinking about this solution:
https://s28.postimg.org/w0e4xh2xp/2017_01_06_12h38_34.png

Hello Bart,

Sorry for the delay in replying, I’ve been struck down with this stupid winter cold that’s going around.

With regard to your timed ventilation control, AFTER the light has been switched off…

I’ve tried all kinds of combinations of commands, but the “Delay Off” effect that is so easy to achieve with a relay channel just doesn’t seem possible with a blind controller.

Putting a pair of virtual relay channels between the up and down actions of the blind controller is the only option I keep coming back to, but that just makes the logic really messy and I don’t have a way of testing it right now. (I sold my spare blind controller last month)

When I get another, I’ll throw something together and see if I can come up with a solution.

Cheers,

Stuart