Velbus logger

Hi,

Based on the Perl code found on leachy.homeip.net/velbus/perl/, I created a set of perl scripts that monitors the data on the bus.
I can also send basic commands on the bus (scan, push date & time update, request status, request name, …)

Currently, I’m parsing the status and names for some of the modules I have (VMB2BLE, VMB4DC, VMB4RYLD).
The data is stored in a MySQL database.

The next step is sending commands to the bus.
The long term goal is to create a web service for velbus and integrate this in openHAB.

Is anyone interested in such software?
I can keep it private, but I also can try to make it more open so others can use the code too.

Stef

PS: has anyone tried to query the name of channels of blind modules and parse the result? Because I think found a bug: the last bytes of the name of the second channel are actually the last bytes of the first channel

Please share :wink:

I’ve also “made” a script for Domoticz… But it’s very messy (a), so I would like to test yours.

domoticz.com/forum/download/file.php?id=7436

The next days I will cleanup my scripts and document them so at least you can understand how it works :wink:

Stef

As promised, I wrote some basic information:
docum.org/drupal/content/velbus-software

Have fun :wink:
I had fun writing them. The next days / weeks I will expand them so I can not only read the messages but control the modules and channels.

Sappien: I took a look at your scripts and I recognize some of the code :wink:

Stef

I 'll try your soft one of these days, thanks for (at least) refering at my site,
greets Jeroen

[quote=“Stef Coene”]
PS: has anyone tried to query the name of channels of blind modules and parse the result? Because I think found a bug: the last bytes of the name of the second channel are actually the last bytes of the first channel[/quote]

For reference: this is indeed a firmware bug in the VMB2BLE, will be fixed in the next Velbuslink release (9.82, currently in beta).

The software I wrote is available via github: https://github.com/StefCoene/velserver/ in case someone is interested.

1 Like