Auto-send of temperature

My setup is as follows: velbus -> velserv -> velserver -> openhab -> influxdb -> grafana
Using velbuslink 10.2.1

I have setup all my button modules to auto-send the temperature every time it changes. While I have velbuslink open on my pc, this works as intended: I’m seeing every 0.07°C change reflected in the grafana graphs.

However, once I close velbuslink, it seems to only send the temperatures every 0.5°C change. I tried setting the hysteresis to 0 in the adjustments panel, but the behaviour stays the same.

Is velbuslink somehow making the modules publish their temperatures on the bus more often? Is there a way to really get every little change in temperature as the “every time it changes” setting implies?

As a side note, currently the temperatures in grafana are 21.1 and 21.6 degrees, so the graphs look really ugly because of the 0.1 degree offset. I would love to have every little change published on the bus so the graphs are nice and smooth.

Hello,

That’s true. VelbusLink sends temperature requests (command type: E5) to the module every 10 seconds when the module is expanded in the tree view. Those requests are being answered with a sensor temperature response (command type: E6). This is a packet that sends the temperature with a precision of 0.0625 °C. To prevent much traffic on the bus, the “everytime it changes” autosend option uses a precision of 0.5 °C as a change. You can try to change the autosend to an interval of 10 seconds. That will force the module to send out the temperature periodically, the same behaviour as VelbusLink.

Kind regards,