I’ll try to do my best to explain it in english…
I have a DM1 module at address $51 and a 4PD at $81. I did some experiments with assigning and removing buttons from the 4PD to the action list of the DM1 by using the software.
Now, after removing ALL actions, the DM1 still reacts to commands coming from the 4PD.
I checked and double checked the action list in the software and it is completely empty: no button assigned to any of the 8 actions.
I did a backup of the DM1 module and used a hex editor to check the memory map against the one described in the protocol file and I found out that the DM1 has some settings left:
-> mem. locations $38, $70 and $C4 contains $81
-> mem. locations $39, $71 and $C5 contains $00
(please note: $00, not $01 !!!)
All other bytes are $FF, except the name at the end
If I use the ‘Read Data From Memory’ command by sending 0F FB 51 03 FD 00 38 6D 04 to read the value of memory location $0038, I receive $81, so the protocol is working.
If I modify locations $39, $71 and $C5 to $01, the 3 corresponding actions are bound to PushButton 1 on the 4PD. At that time, I can remove the binding, but depending on HOW you remove the binding, it can go wrong…
If you select the name of the button in the right part of the screen (so, the second node in the tree) and press the -] button, the software writes the wrong data to the DM1 module:
FC 00 70 81 <-- wrong, should be $FF
FC 00 71 00 <-- wrong, should be $FF
FC 00 72 FF
FC 00 73 FF
FC 00 74 FF
If you select the name of the 4PD module in the right part of the screen (so, the first node in the tree) and press the -] button, the correct data is written to the DM1 module.
Hope this info is clear enough to solve the problem…