"Electrical Installer Live" exhibition in Farnborough, UK. on Sept 14th & 15th 2022

Greetings fellow Velbus users, installers and resellers.

I have been offered a small stand at this year’s “El-Live” event, to be held in Farnborough, UK on September 14th & 15th 2022 to exhibit the Velbus range.

Stand 86 in the middle by the AWE village to be precise.

I believe that this is AWE Europe, who handles “URC - Universal Remote Control - Total Control” in the UK, who have looked at adding Velbus to their list of supported devices, but because they are heavily entrenched with Philips, they don’t see many of their installers looking closely enough at Velbus to see the massive added value.

However, Control 4 / SnapOne ( Stand 111 ) does have a fully functional Binding for Velbus, which was written by Janus Technology ( Stand 20 )

If anyone would like to attend and chat to visitors about how Velbus works or how much you value it, I would be delighted to welcome you to our small stand.

Or just come along to the exhibition and say hello, it would be great to put a face to some of the names here.

Best wishes,

Stuart

2 Likes

People might like to see the stands we’ve hosted at two events in the UK this week.

The response from commercial installers was brilliant.

Coventry - ELEX (Contract Electrical exhibition)

Farnborough - EI Live (Essential Installer Live)

Two more ELEX shows later this year as well as a Mela for the North London community.

I thought you all might like to play a game of “spot the Velbus logo” in a video that was made by Hidden Wires magazine during the EI Live event

And how many times I can squeeze the “Velbus” name in.

3 Likes

aaaawesome! (this post must be at least 20 characters)

1 Like

Awesome, Thanks !!

The more Velbus is used the better chance we stand that it will stand the test of time.

I’ve used it for 7 years now. I chose for Velbus for the following reasons:

• I did not know it existed until the building company we used to expand our house said it was the only system on the market they did not have issues with.

What got me hooked is:

• The use of standard protocol and standard chips, no proprietary custom made components inside

• No single point of failure other than the power supply of the system

• Software and feature updates on your existing system as years progress, no need to throw out your CPU and replace it, there is none

Finally after seven years we had no problems with reliability. We once had a sticky relay contact after three years of use and the module was replaced free of charge.

These are all excellent points that should convince anybody that Velbus is superior to anything else on the market. The issue with Velbus is the name is not known as Niko, Legrand, Ticino etc… and most people do not understand a word of what I have written here.

So thanks for spreading the word! To launch Velbus on a large scale on the market, we need to find arguments that are as easy to understand by as many people as possible:

• It uses the same chips as your car and these have existed for over 30 years, so they are not going to disappear
  • If a glass panel breaks, you can still switch on your light with another panel
  • If you are interested, the product can become better and more feature rich every year through free updates
  • There is a five year full warranty if you have your installation registered with Velleman

Hopefully that helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to write up such a glowing review.

Would you mind adding it to a few public social media sites?

Facebook?
Twitter?
LinkedIn?

Anywhere that you can find a mention of Velbus?

You are right that it is a great product, but also nobody has heard of this 20 year old wonder.

:blush: It’s TEN years now