Graphing temperature events within a Velbus network


#21

I’m so sorry, I think I’ve been giving you wrong information.

(I’ve had my head full of normal business and OpenRemote stuff, I’d forgotten a small detail in VGraphing)

Having looked at the XML files for my own instances of VGraphing, it looks like the programmer used decimal channel numbers, rather than HEX values.

So, can you edit the Energy.XML file and put in a single digit decimal channel number please?

(The base addresses are most certainly HEX values)

I’m still not entirely sure why your VMB7IN’s data stream shows 20 as the Hex channel number, but if you start at 1 and keep restarting the app until you get the energy values appear it shouldn’t take long.

Again, I’m so sorry I didn’t double check that detail.

I was convinced I had it correct in my head.

Good luck


#22

The scan packet is a packet without data bytes, meaning that it also does not have a command byte, because the command byte is the first data byte. If a programmer assumes that there is always a command byte, then it will crash on a scan packet.


#23

All right, changed it (restarted VGraphing) but no ‘energy’ coming up…


#24

Have you tried all 4 channel numbers?

There is absolutely no reason why is shouldn’t be working now


#25

My only other thought is that your Energy.XML file might be faulty.

My file, which works perfectly, looks like this

[code]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

0A 1 Electricity W Watts 1 NULL NULL EM01.csv 0A 2 Gas M3 M3 0.001 NULL NULL EM02.csv 0A 3 Water L/Min 0.001 NULL NULL EM03.csv 0A 4 Unused Watts 1 NULL NULL EM04.csv FF 1 NULL NULL 1 NULL NULL EM05.csv FF 2 NULL> NULL 1 NULL NULL EM06.csv FF 3 Electricity Watts> Watts 1 NULL NULL EM07.csv FF 4 Electricity W> Watts 1 NULL NULL EM08.csv

[/code]

The output from these settings can be seen here :-

cuedup.biz/VGraphing/demoui/d-energy.html

If your electricity monitor is connected to input 1 of your VMB7IN, I’d suggest that your energy.XML file should look exactly like this.

[code]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

55 1 Electricity W Watts 1 NULL NULL EM01.csv

[/code]


#26

[quote=“MDAR”]Hi

Inspired by a project created by Golfy, I’ve been working with an Algerian software programmer to monitor a Velbus network and create graphs based on Glass Panel thermostats, button events (ie Heating, Cooling, Boost etc) and the VMB7IN energy monitor.

In theory the app should be able to read temperature data from a VMB1TS, but I haven’t tested this.

The live results from my own home can be seen here :-

cuedup.biz/vgraphing/demoui/index.html

Each graph is created from a CSV file that the small app on a netbook, which is also running Golfy’s PB_Server, uploads to my web server every 15 minutes.

The app is easy enough to configure via a couple of XML files.

The HTML code is a little harder, but I’ve put all the important stuff into a single .JS file.

The graphs are generated by each browser using CanvasJS, which has a fantastic support group.
So if you want to do something fancy with the graphs, I’m sure you’ll get the answers in their help pages.
canvasjs.com

I’ve already identified a device in my house that is using more electricity than I realised.

I can even see which rooms take the longest to heat up, and cool down again.
Which has helped me to realise where I need to plan my next phase of home insulation.

The app still needs a few tiny tweaks, but once those have been done, I’ll upload a zipped copy for anyone to deploy.
All I ask is that you share your experience with everyone here, so that we can all get a better understanding of how Velbus Glass panels perform when used with multi-zoned HVAC systems.[/quote]

It does not have an installer at present, but will work as a portable app, so once the HTML files and FTP access are setup, the VGraphing.exe app will function.

There are a few minor bugs in the app, but nothing that will cause a major issue.

a/c repair portland


#27

If anyone is interested…

I’ve worked out a way to get any sensor data in OpenRemote to be appended to CSV files using a Linux script, by using a really simple Drool.

If anyone wants to give it a try, please let me know and I’ll share the .drl file.


#28

HI Stuart, I’ve thrown in the towel on this topic… and recently chosen the homecenter update with included logging. Although there are some bugs as well but it is up and running now.

Nevertheless, i’ll keep an eye on the openremote :wink: