Home Assistant

The strange this is that it actually worked for a short time. Any idea on how to solve this? Maybe delete the entity and let it rediscover? I would have no clue how to do that.

The problem is that temperature are unknown in HA for that module. Although it worked briefly. The thermostat function also is unavailable because of this

no, this needs to be fixed in the python-velbus lib

create a ticket there

but it worked…you sure this will be a lib error?

the above error is an error from the lib, so i’m 99% sure

alirght,were do I need to file this bug. Not sure where

Homeassistent 0.118 will have support to connect via the signum module

2 Likes

Quick question:

For VMBEL modules, I get a “Unknown” for all built-in temperature sensors.
Are these not supported, or is my Home Assistant acting up?

Also, is there any info on VMBPIRC and VMBPIROB modules for motion, twilight sensors?
Temperature for VMBPIROB seems to be working already.

I tried to look on the different forums and documentation, but didn’t find conclusive info.

Thanks!

Currently, buttons are represented as ‘binary_sensor’ in Home Assistant, making them read-only. However, I would like to simulate a button press from HA, so that I can reuse the actions coupled to some (virtual) buttons and the Velbus-native programs.

Is this somehow possible?

If not: I think that a new HA Service simulate_button_press, like the set_memo_text one currently available would make sense. Any chance that this can be implemented?

Hi,
I’m working with Home Assistant and Velbus since last year, on a Raspeberry Pi3. I’ve more and more devices and automations and I decided to migrate on a Pi4. The HA version on the Pi3 is 2021.9.7 and the Pi4 has the last version 2021.10.6.
First of all, with both systems, it’s impossible to have a connection via the Signum or the Homecenter so I use the VMBRSUSB or The USB port on the Signum to connect.
The main problem I have now is that the name of the devices are not the name written on the Velbus modules and the same for the entities. However with the Pi3 and HA 2021-9-7 I have the good names for both devices and entities. Once I’ve had the name of the 2 first modules and nothing more, even after running the velbus.scan service. Timeout when scanning. See below…

1 Like