Liaison dimmer-relais

Bonjour,

Je planche sur l’électricité de mon futur appartement et j’aimerais y avoir un système Velbus. J’avais cependant un interrogation. Je vois qu’il est possible de configurer un variateur comme initiateur d’un relais mais quel est le résultat du comportement?

Concrètement, j’aimerais avoir un relais avant certain variateur qui couperait le courant lorsque je de demande pas de lumière (variateur à 0). Est-ce possible?

C’est possible, mais le relais / disjoncteur doit se trouver après le variateur.

This is possible, but the relay / circuit break must be after the dimmer.

Pourquoi après? Le temps que le variateur s’allume?

Je pose la question parce que mon installation sera alimentée en 3x220V et donc, j’aurais aimé pouvoir couper les 2 phases quand les lumières sont éteintes…

Bonjour

Malheureusement, mon français n’est pas assez bon pour expliquer les raisons techniques et je ne fais pas confiance à Google Translate pour gérer les moindres détails.

La réponse simple est -

Le VMBDMI-R a besoin de la tension d’entrée et de la phase pour mesurer, avant de commencer à émettre un signal.

Il signalerait un défaut si l’approvisionnement disparaissait.

J’espère qu’un francophone natif pourra intervenir et vous donner une meilleure réponse

Hello

Unfortunately my French isn’t good enough to explain the technical reasons and I don’t trust Google Translate to handle the fine details.

The simple answer is –

The VMBDMI-R needs the input voltage and phase to measure, before it starts to output a signal.

It would report a fault if the supply vanished.

I hope a native French speaker can step in and give you a better answer.

Hi @MDAR, thanks for your answer. (I understand English so, let’s switch :slight_smile: )
To be honest, I think I’ll be using 0-10V dimmer like niko 330-00701 and a VMB2LEDCC for led strip, all in combination with a VMB4DC (not controlled by the contacte) for the control part. It’s a bit more expensive but more flexible in the future.
And since my power supply is 3x220V, I’m still struggling about finding if this niko dimmer is good or not…

Pour les francophones (au cas ou), je compte plutôt utiliser des dimmer 0-10V (niko 330-00701) and un VMB2LEDCC pour un strip led, le tout commandé par un VMB4DC (qui ne serait pas sur le contacteur). Ca rend l’installation plus flexible pour le futur.
De plus, mon installation est en 3x220v, je ne suis donc pas encore certain du dimmer à mettre…

That’s very kind of you to accommodate my English replies.

You’ll have to check with your local electrician, but…

A 3 phase supply is effectively just 3 seperate supplies (that are 270° out of phase with each other).

So as far as a Single Phase mains dimmer is concerned, you’d connect it between 1 of the supplies and the neutral.

This is exactly what a big theatre dimmer pack would do.

It might be a 3 phase dimmer, but it only contains 3 x single phase dimmers (or more in multiples of 3).

The biggest issues are…

Load balancing, which in domestic terms with 100w loads isn’t important.

And

Ensuring you never present more than 1 phase to a room or fixture.

I’m certain that your electrician will be perfectly happy. (If not, find a better electricain.)

I work in a theatre and very well know these dimmer since I repair them as well :wink: .
Usually, a dimmer pack is wired 3x380v (360v between phase, 220 phase/neutral). But could be wired to 3x220v. (Y vs Δ)
My dimmer problem is rather not to have flickery led since in a 3x220v supply, to have 220V, you need to take between 2 phaseS and not between a phase and neutral as you would have 127V (220v / 1,73)…

And to be completely transparent, I said the power was 3x220 but this is what’s coming from the street, but I’ll be only on 2 of these phases like a single phase installation, except there is no neutral… I just have found having always people wondering why I have no neutral and willing me to double check so saying 3x220v was a shortcut ;).

But I had the information on another forum that the niko I choose should handle well these 2 phases. I just want to be sure it’s the best way (because I could also have 12v lighting everywhere all driven by VMB2LEDCCs. Since I’ll have at most 12-15metre of wire, the voltage dropout should be good. But that was not the point of this thread since it’s Velbus’s forum…)

Anyway, thanks for you help :wink:

1 Like