Somfy stores with velbus

I want to buy sun stores from Somfy for 10 windows.
https://service.somfy.com/downloads/in/sonesse.pdf

I have been installing several Velbus systems in several houses, among which a house where I used VMB2BLE in combination with roller shutters with motors that have 4 wires. But these Somfy motors do not have 4 wires.

Is it possible to integrate Somfy sun stores in a velbus system without too much work? I want to steer my sun stores centrally.

Hi, just connect vmb2ble directly to the motor wires,(no need for any extra items) if you need indoor “vouwgordijnen”, then let me know, because we have super system at only 30% of the somfy system :smiley:

I have a Somfy Sunscreen on my overhead roof window (6m by 1 m window in a flat roof). I connected it directly to a VMB2BLE, works perfectly. Somfy always offers Somfy remote control as standard. They do not offer without, but you can ask to not deliver the remote control. You get a wiring diagram from them how to use the three wires. You connect the VMB2BLE as you would connect a manual switch for opening and closing the shutters. The shutters have end contacts, so they cut out the motor on full travel. Meaning the VMB2BLE can work as with any other shutter, i.e. you program a time that is sufficient for a full travel and add a bit to it. The contacts stop the shutters at the ends of the run.

You should only need 3 wires. 2 out of the four wires should be a common connection so you only need three wires.

1 Like

What kind of Somfy motor does your overhead roof window have?

@Pieterm. Sorry for taking that long to reply. I have not specified a motor. I believe it is the standard motor. Somfy delivered the screen without the RF control module. So the terminals are available for wiring to VELBUS. The internal end of run switches are still there and stop the motor on end of run even if the velbus module still powers the motor. So this works like any other sunscreen.

I must say there was a bit of confusion with them in the beginning, they seem to think the screen cannot be delivered without the RF control module. But on closer inspection by the smarter of the bunch, they realized they can remove the RF control module and charge the same price, which they did.

2 Likes

Sorry for the late response, but how manu connection did the motor have? I have now a standaard motor with RF inside my New home with 3 wires (neutral, earth and phase). I think these cannot be attached to the module VMB2BLE?

there are two types of motors for Somfy, 1 has 2 live phases and a neutral on 220V and you can control that with a 220V on a BLE…

The other type has a direct 220V input and a low voltage RJ9 plug with the switch wires on there…

both systems can be connected to a BLE, but the low voltage one needs to supply its own power to the BLE with the 2 switch wires… - the “dry contact” options on the devices is what you need here…

another option is to use Home Assistant or OpenHab to connect to both the Somfy interface (cloud) and Velbus… and switch through there… a single virtual relay can still act as “open” or “close” the somfy where the domotica system translates that to somfy protocols/instructions - this is the “cloud” / internet connected option… or the RS485/KNX option… although not sure if the latter if preferred or not…

1 Like