Sun measure sensor

I have some screens connected to VMB2BLE modules but want to make this automatic, by measure the sun light on that side.

I know, there is a velbus meteo station… but that’s overkill, i don’t need wind or rain. All screens are resistent to wind and rain. I only need a little sun measuring sensor.

There is already a VMB7IN in the installation for this, somebody experience with “sun measuring” sensors?

Is only LUX enough? I have also two VMBPIROW connected, these could also measure lux (?).

Somebody experience without the “Up-Down” effect each 5 minutes.
Thanks

Hi

The very easiest and most adjustable solution is the meteo device, but I understand what you’re asking.

I use a really simple LDR sensor via a NPN transistor across the inputs of a VMB7IN to pick up the led pulses on my electricity meter.

With a little playing around with trimming variable resistor at the point of dusk, you might get lucky.

Does that help?

Cheers

The VMBPIRO cannot be used to measure daytime light, they are designed to work in the dusk/dawn range. (In full daylight they will be saturated). The same goes for VMBPIRM and VMBPIRC by the way.

1 Like

Hi @MDAR, sorry for my late reply…

What LDR sensor are you using? Do you check also UV value?
I have already VMB7IN and network cable to the outdoor wall somewhere on the same side of the screens.

did you made a box yourself or a readymade ‘wall’ sensor?

2 years isn’t late, but I guess we are in a new decade now, if you’re counting that way.

:smile:

As for the LDR value, I don’t recall the exact one I used, but as I was only detecting an LED pulse, I didn’t need anything special.