I’ve using Velbus in my home for 3y now and yesterday suddenly all stopped working.
I don’t know the root cause (maybe power peak due to lightning) but I don’t see any visible damage.
I tried to isolate the problem by splitting the bus in smaller parts and performed following tests.
- The local inputs of relais VMB4RY are luckely still working (power led still fine)
- With the VMB1USB I can detect TVMB1TS and TVMB4PD if no VMBRY in the bus
With VMB4RY I receive error:
The Velbus network could not handle the current traffic load and has entered an erroneous state.
I tried several combinations with terminators on/off 1 & 2 terminators, 1 & 2 VMB4RY (PDVMB4RY) modules.
VMB1USB is performing scan, but no feedback from modules.
Command RS232 buffel full
Raw 0F F8 00 01 0B ED 04
Send (sending scan packages ok), no feedback
Raw: 0F FB F0 40 C6 04
- TX led is blinking continuous less bright than PS led.
- VMB1USB is feeling hot, not sure if this was in the past as well, maybe bringing yitter to the bus? (althoug working fine with TVMB1TS and TVMB4PD)
- I unplugged power for +30s from the bus to reset bus
- I checked/exchanged cabling
- I updated Velbuslink to latest version but never performed firmware upgrades on the modules
- How to get rid of bus “entered an erroneous state” - reset options (power/ special buttons) ?
- Can I send modules VMB1USB / PDVMB4RY for repair?
- Can I perform firmwarefix in field as I don’t want to disconnect +30 modules and redo cabling
- Do I need to purchase VMBRSUSB based on above? and retry testing.
- Any option for support on site (in Belgium/Limburg) as I don’t know anymore how to fix the issue.
Thx for the fast feedback,
We are sitting in the dark.