Velbus binding for OpenHAB

Hi MDAR,
Working fine ! Thanks a lot again.

Still happy with my items file to manage the +500 variables (a bit challenging with the PAPER UI)
as example …

Number Bureau_CurrentTemperature {channel=“velbus:vmb1ts:003e088b:99:input#CH1”}
Number Bureau_CurrentTargetTemperature {channel=“velbus:vmb1ts:003e088b:99:thermostat#CURRENTTEMPERATURESETPOINT”}

Number Bureau_HeatingComfortTarget {channel=“velbus:vmb1ts:003e088b:99:thermostat#HEATINGMODECOMFORTTEMPERATURESETPOINT”}

Number Bureau_HeatingDayTarget {channel=“velbus:vmb1ts:003e088b:99:thermostat#HEATINGMODEDAYTEMPERATURESETPOINT”}

Number Bureau_HeatingNightTarget {channel=“velbus:vmb1ts:003e088b:99:thermostat#HEATINGMODENIGHTTEMPERATURESETPOINT”}

Number Bureau_HeatingAntifrostTarget {channel=“velbus:vmb1ts:003e088b:99:thermostat#HEATINGMODEANTIFROSTTEMPERATURESETPOINT”}

Number Bureau_CoolingComfortTarget {channel=“velbus:vmb1ts:003e088b:99:thermostat#COOLINGMODECOMFORTTEMPERATURESETPOINT”}

Number Bureau_CoolingDayTarget {channel=“velbus:vmb1ts:003e088b:99:thermostat#COOLINGMODEDAYTEMPERATURESETPOINT”}

Number Bureau_CoolingNightTarget {channel=“velbus:vmb1ts:003e088b:99:thermostat#COOLINGMODENIGHTTEMPERATURESETPOINT”}

Number Bureau_CoolingSafeTarget {channel=“velbus:vmb1ts:003e088b:99:thermostat#COOLINGMODESAFETEMPERATURESETPOINT”}

String Bureau_ThermostatOperatingMode {channel=“velbus:vmb1ts:003e088b:99:thermostat#OPERATINGMODE”}

String Bureau_ThermostatMode {channel=“velbus:vmb1ts:003e088b:99:thermostat#MODE”}

Switch Bureau_HeatingRelay {channel=“velbus:vmb4ry:F0_BU_VB_VSB_SerialBridge:11:CH3”}

Switch Bureau_CoolingRelay {channel=“opendaikin:ac_unit:192_168_0_212:power”}

1 Like

Hi Mdar, can you tell me what I have to fill in the settings of the widget ?

or can you make a small manual ?
Thanks, Johan

Hi

Have you read the text file in that Zip ?? :wink:

It all revolves around a naming convention with the required Items.

Just for information, I have edited the Widget, so please download it again and use the new version (without the Typos)

If you look closely at Marteen’s post above, you’ll see the pattern in the Items he is using.

Cheers,

Stuart

Hi All

Again special thx to MDAR & Cedric and all team for the great developments. Happy to share the current (end) result and topic of VB1TS :wink:
For the interested people, best to search for following keywords on OpenHAB
(dynamic icons in standard dummy widget, influx db and grafana)

Enjoy the fun
Maarten

1 Like

— NEW REQUEST —

If you are up for additional challenges, I still have something on my wishlist that we can maybe extend for all future/add hoc requests. Not sure if even possible or potentially it’s already available in some kind of debug/logging mode, but i’m looking for:
"I/O module - full passthrough of all packets send/received through the Velbus Serial Bridge"

I’m not so familiar with serial communication protocols and running multiple applications on a same serial port is challenging as well, so would like to keep Cedric Velbus Serial Bridge on the Serial Port /dev/ttyACM0 (/dev/ttyACM0) dedicated.

Goal/purpose is something like the Logging (Pakketmonitor) from VelbusLink, not for troubleshooting purpose, but to capture or send very specific events from my Velbus setup.
A basic interpreter like address, protocol splitter might be helpful, but optional :wink:
I was thinking about a basic string variable that you guys overwrite on every incoming event (+post in openHAB 2 Log Viewer and same to “send” a custom build string from a customer “rule”.
(of course with a note: be careful what you send as we are now working directly on the bus communication)
Of course if this will bring down stability of any component (too much events), happy to skip this request as I’m also interested in the low priority packets.

Use cases what I have in mind:

• Basic support for VMB4PD to capture CH1 -> CH8 PRESSED/LONG_PRESSED/RELEASED events
    something similar as the inputchannel events:
    2020-01-26 20:04:58.958 [vent.ChannelTriggeredEvent] - velbus:vmb8pbu:F0_BU_VB_VSB_SerialBridge:2B:input#CH1 triggered PRESSED
    2020-01-26 20:04:59.784 [vent.ChannelTriggeredEvent] - velbus:vmb8pbu:F0_BU_VB_VSB_SerialBridge:2B:input#CH1 triggered LONG_PRESSED
    2020-01-26 20:05:00.010 [vent.ChannelTriggeredEvent] - velbus:vmb8pbu:F0_BU_VB_VSB_SerialBridge:2B:input#CH1 triggered RELEASED

• VMB1TC module is currently controlling the VMB1TS modules.
    Next to the button events (ref above), it would be interesting if I can set some kind of holiday schedule through velbus. Like “overwrite” or “block/stop” the program during a period when the normal schedule is not valid (holidays). Note, I never got this to work properly with the module itself.
    Alternatively I can also work with rules reacting on events to “force to NIGHT” during holiday, but this is a bit suboptimal.
    2020-01-26 20:08:17.721 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - F0_SA_VB_1TS94_ThermostatMode changed from COMFORT to SAFE
    2020-01-26 20:08:17.731 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - F0_SA_VB_1TS94_CurrentTargetTemperature changed from 24.0 to 5.0
    2020-01-26 20:08:18.291 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - F0_SA_VB_1TS94_ThermostatMode changed from SAFE to NIGHT
    2020-01-26 20:08:18.294 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - F0_SA_VB_1TS94_CurrentTargetTemperature changed from 5.0 to 15.0
    2020-01-26 20:08:18.804 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - F0_SA_VB_1TS94_ThermostatMode changed from NIGHT to DAY
    2020-01-26 20:08:18.830 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - F0_SA_VB_1TS94_CurrentTargetTemperature changed from 15.0 to 19.5

Any thoughts about this?
Thanks a lot,
Maarten

I’m not entirely sure what your asking for.

Would you consider using a TCP port, which opens up the possibility using multiple connections to your Velbus network.

Maybe Jeroen’s VelServ ?

https://forumtest.velbus.eu/t/how-to-install-and-run-velserv-a-velbus-tcp-gateway/15422/21

As for the functionality you’re looking for, would you like to start a separate thread on each, so you / we all can explore and contribute?

I also using succesfully the Widget: VelbusThermostatStreamlined, but with the I can’t control the mode Day and Night (Comfort and safe works)
In the control panel of openhab all modes are working.
Any idea ?

Hi

Thanks for trying the widget :slight_smile:

I’m certain that the issue will be with the spelling of the Items that the Widget is looking for.

It could be something as small as a Capital letter missing / wrong.

FYI, if you download the ZIP again, there should be an extra widget in there now :wink:

Thank you for your new widget :smile:
About the mistyping, where should I search ?
All the rest is working…(and safe en comfort)

I’m confused :confused:

What isn’t working?

Your screen shots look perfect.

Did you find the Dutch setpoint widget ?

Correct, everything looks perfect, but I can’t select the DAY and NIGHT mode, it just jumps back to COMFORT or SAFE mode. (what was selected before).

I tried the new widget, but this is what I get:

Do you have a Transformation in the mode names?

For example, if you put a Dummy item in HabPanel and change the mode using a Velbus panel, what Mode names are shown?

The Widget tries to set the modes as

• COMFORT
  • DAY
  • NIGHT
  • SAFE

So if you have a transformation into

• Dag
  • Nacht

The you’ll need to edit the widget and use those instead.

As for the setpoint widget, what have you got set for the Thermostat Prefix

Here, mine is called LoungeGPO

I control it within openhab paper gui, and the return is OK, also in your widget
But clicking in you widget doesn’t select the correct Mode…

I haven’t changed anything since Tom VC gave us the Widget a few years ago.

Mine are still working (in my own HabPanel), so I’ll look closer at the widget code tomorrow when I’m back in my office.

Feel free to have a look around the code in case there is something that leaps out at you.

There is a section marked as
<! ------------------------------------------------- Ecobee HVAC Select Panel ---------!>

I uninstalled en installed again the widget and it works now perfect, thank you very much for your help !

1 Like

Took my time to read this thread from start to end, great developments were made by several contributers!
However I could not find, my desired Velbus MQTT-device control, with status feedback. So, I create
‘a monster something’ that suits my need and maybe can inspire others…
Hope I post this in the right forum section.

Got several Openhab mqtt controlled power on/off plugs I wanted to integrate, and visualise their state, within Velbus.
First issue was, to have only a ‘free’ virtual device linked. Each VMB4RY has only 1 virtual and I needed a lot more.
(Ab-)used the ‘0605’ toggle to link my control button to lock/unlock another dummy/not-used button of the glasspanel.
Openhab “rules” pushes the ‘Channel triggered PRESSED’ to MQTT commands.
Last part was to inform the Velbus button, if the mqqt device state was changed by Openhab. Node-red to the rescue; incoming message are ‘translated’ into raw Velbus messages to display/change the feedback.

Please tell me that I missed an “easy way” to obtain this, otherwise feel free to ask.

May I ask which version of the Velbus binding you have installed?

Everything but the very early versions have LED feedback channels.

Which accept the following states.

• CLEAR_LED
  • SET_LED
  • SLOW_BLINK_LED
  • FAST_BLINK_LED
  • VERY_FAST_BLINK_LED

A simple rule would link your MQTT Item states to your Velbus hardware.

Is that easy enough, or would you like something more complex :smile:

Referenced here

[SOLVED] VELBUS + Openhab Rule not working - Scripts & Rules - openHAB Community

And only today, here

Check out Post No 165 for information on how to load a more recent version

Got this running on RPI3: 2.5.2.202002151409

Thanks for the link, talking about fresh messages less then a day old!

1 Like

Excellent.

So that version does have support for feedback LEDs.

Have you removed and re-added your Input Velbus modules to get the feedback channels?

It’s also easy to lock and unlock buttons with NodeRed.

I talk about how it’s done here