Velbus drivers for Control4

Hi

We are in the process of getting drivers written for Control4 so that high end installers can use Velbus as the building control.

Apparently, the drivers will be ready in about 8 weeks (Circa Sept 1st 2021)

We have a working document to outline what will be operational, if you would like to contribute to this please let me know and I’ll send you a copy.

In effect, we will be enabling Control4 to do the following:

Switch On & OFF Relays and add a TimeOut to the ON command
Switch On & OFF Dimmers and add a TimeOut to the ON command & Fade time
Open and Close blinds & Set %

Read channel values from VMB7IN & VMB4AN

Read all Channel states, as in Buttons etc

Set feedback LED states for all glass panels

Set ambient LED colours for Edge Lit panels

Read and set current target temperatures
Read room temperatures

We are hoping to offer the ability to set the Thermostat modes and mode targets, but that’s a "Stretch Goal"

The connection to Velbus will be via TCP so that multiple isolated Velbus networks can be bridged, as can be done in openHAB
, OpenRemote and
HomeAssistant

If you have any thoughts or suggestions, I would be interested in hearing them.

We are also considering getting drivers written for
ELAN
and

Crestron.

I hear a rumour that URC Automation drivers are being written, but I don’t have a strong link to that developer.

Well it’s all going very well.

The initial meeting with the team identified all the key goals and they are fairly confident that we can deliver the Control4 drivers by the end of September.

If you’re reading this and you’re a Velbus distributor anywhere in the world, send me a message and I’ll explain how we can all pitch Velbus to some of the 3500 Control4 installers and win more sales.

( I mean…“have you seen what they are using currently???” )

Hi

The Control4 drivers are in Beta now, with plans to launch them officially next week. (Just a little bit of snagging to do)

I’ve already started meeting with Control4 installers and the results are very favourable.

Please keep an eye on this thread or this one

https://forumtest.velbus.eu/t/calling-all-installers-en-nl-fr-de-etc/16701/

As always, please give me a shout if you need any more information.

Good luck,
Stuart

For those that want it

the #Control4 Velbus driver can be found here