Velbus TCP connection with openHABIAN

@jvelbus

Following on from your posts in these threads, regarding the connection between an openHABIAN OS install, Velbus Network bridge and the official Velbus SNAP TCP gateway package

For the record, I don’t use or have ever used the openHABIAN OS method, nor in fact have I spent more than a few hours fighting with a Raspberry Pi.

I’m hoping that @PrzemoF and @cereal can chip in and shine some light on what is going on in your setup.

Purely for reference, this PDF outlines the basic workflow, where we are refering to the link between the Velbus hardware and various software solutions.

So first, let’s set some baselines.

• You’ve got openHAB up and running and as far as you can see, everything in openHAB is working fine.
  • You’ve got a USB connection between some version of a Velbus USB module and your PI
  • You’ve installed Either VelServ or velbus-tcp

After that, my gut feeling is one of two issues.

Either the configuration of VelServ / Velbus-TCP is wrong

or

The configuration of the Velbus Network Bridge is wrong.

Can we focus on the Velbus hardware side first and work back from there?

??? Exactly which Velbus USB module are you using?

VMB1USB
VMBRSUSB
VMBUSB-20

1 Like

Also provide the debug info as it the main topic, dmesg, lsusb, systemctl status velserv

Hey, it’s linux - in 99% of the cases the info is in the logs, we just need to find and understand it.

Reference: Installing OpenHAB – Velbus binding – Core Dump

1 Like

:smile:

let’s stick to first principles to start with.

What & how is plugged in.

We can probably fix it from just that information :wink:

1 Like

Hi all,

I’m currently not at home till the end of the week. I’ll get back somewhere in the WE.

Thanks in advance!!!

1 Like