VelbusLink - no error when using ntt required TLS option

I’m trying to connect to velserv using local IP address and port 6000. I took me way too long and support from priceless Stuart to untick the TLS box and boom - all works fine now. Can I ask to add error message if there is that kind of communication problem? There was no error, so I thought it’s all OK. There was a mysterious error once in a while that something has happened and you’re disconnected from the bus. Please PM me - I’ll be happy to provide details debug info. Also I couldn’t find any debug log in VelbusLink to pinpoint the problem. Network connectivity was OK, velserv was OK, but I couldn’t find more info about what’s happening.

P.S. Any progress on non-windows VelbusLink?

1 Like

Can you create a ticket please?

https://help.velbus.eu

1 Like

Done! Thank you again for the help!

1 Like

I’m afraid that falls out of the support we can offer with Velbus since it’s third party software you’re connecting to. There should be a message to mention that you’re disconnected shortly after connection (since it fails to establish a secure connection).

There’s not really much progress on cross platform VelbusLink at the moment. It’s on our backlog with a might priority.

Thank you for the reply! I’m not that familiar with TLS to tell if it’s possible, but if one side requires TLS and the other side doesn’t provide it can we get an error on the screen? When the client requests TLS handshake and the server is not providing it - just throw out an error “TLS not provided”. That in my case would give me immediate info what’s the problem.

1 Like

@VEL524

It’s very possible that someone might choose to configure Velbus-tcp without TLS (unlikely, but possible)

A simple TLS rejection / unavailable error message would save a lot of time when fault finding.

1 Like