VelbusLink switching Français to English

My Windows11 PC is installed in french, so VelbusLink (11.0.14) starts in french. In the Settings I change it to English and the settings.ini file is written with Language=en. But closing and opening VelbusLink doesn’t switch to english and stays with french. It works if I switch it to dutch!

Can you create a ticket for this please

These are little issues that are easily fixed, once they are added to the “to do” list.

FYI, Velbuslink V11 is a complete rewrite from the ground up, the team have done an amazing job of duplicating all the functionality, it’s just little things like this that have slipped though the net.

Thank you for taking the time to test and report. :+1:

Hi, we’ve been able to reproduce it here. We’ll look if we can get it fixed in one of the next VelbusLink versions. At this moment we’re not sure if this can be fixed.

If you’re able to, you can fix it by removing a registry key from

There should be one item like that should be removed:

You can delete it by right clicking the item and choose for “Delete”.

For context: We’ve been experimenting with localization in the earlier versions of VelbusLink but eventually feedback came that it would be great to be able to do so from within VelbusLink.

1 Like

In the “Ordinateur\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software” I don’t have the Embarcadero folder !

Maybe it’s this location:

(So, not the HKEY_CURRENT_USER but HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE in the treeview)

There is no \Embarcadero folder in the registry.
I’ve tried on a Windows10 PC in native spanish language and installed VelbusLink 11.0.14. It also runs VelbusLink in French and don’t have this \Embarcadero\Locales folder in the registry. It seems that if you don’t have an english or dutch Windows installed, Velbuslink runs in french!

We’ll have a look further to solve this problem; I must say that since I have reproduced the problem that I also have parts that appear in French. So there must be something else.

1 Like

An alternative solution would be install VelbusLink to another directory until we provide a fix.

Each version of VelbusLink are installed in a different directory wich has the name of the version.
I’ve renamed and .nl and now it runs in english !
What I don’t understand is why during this first run in english one VMBELO and the VMB4AN had to be synchronized (written) and I’m sure the VMB4AN had no changes since a while.