VMB4AN Program steps to change sensor modes don't work

I reported this issue over 7 months ago and I’ve just tried the latest VMB4AN firmware (2045) and the issue is still present, the issue being:

It’s impossible to change sensor mode using program steps.

I use a VMB4AN as a thermostat with a PT100 sensor for UFH control and I currently cannot change the setpoint using a time schedule for the reason described; this seems like a typical use case for the VMB4AN and was surprised that this bug existed in the first place and even more surprised that it still exists despite several firmware releases in the meantime. I’ve tested this issue on three different VMB4AN modules and they all fail to change modes so I’m pretty confident the bug is there and not an isolated issue.

Can anyone from the velbus team provide any insight into this? Is there anyone else in the community that’s tried using program steps to change a VMB4AN sensor mode?

Thanks,

Rich

1 Like

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the detailed report. I’ll look into this, and get back to you.

1 Like

Hello Rich,

Our development will look into this in the coming weeks.

1 Like

Hi,

It’s been a while so thought I’d ask if there was any update on this?

I notice there is a newer firmware version so will try upgrading and give it a try anyway but just in case.

Thanks.

1 Like

The newer firmware version indeed fixes the issue you mentioned in this thread. :slight_smile:
But I assume you already found out in the meantime.

2 Likes

Hey @VEL524,

It’s been a while and great to see that changing modes with program steps is functioning now.

Unfortunately changing sensor mode from a push button action on another module does not work though.

We’ll have a look into this.

This will be solved in a next VelbusLink release, we will post here when that release is out.

1 Like

VelbusLink 10.9.6 is out and contains the fix. You may need to synchronize the affected module so the actions are written correctly.

2 Likes

I’m not an active velbus system user, but I’m impressed with the reaction speed. Normally after reporting bugs to a closed source software the waiting time for the fix is measured in months, if the fix happens at all :slight_smile:

3 Likes