VMBGB1-2: program step with short press without release does not work on virtual buttons?

Hey all,

I’m having issues using some of the program steps actions with virtual buttons on a glass panel. In effect, I’m not seeing any of these virtual buttons do anything unless “Press (0.25s)” action is used. Is this expected and intended? I wasn’t able to find any documentation on this.

Here’s the setup I’m testing this out on:

• VMBGP1-2 (firmware versions 1917 and 2221 both behave almost the same)
  • VMB4RYLD (firmware version 1927)

To reproduce:

1. Configure VMBGP1-2.CH2 o-[ Momentary (follows) ]-> VMB4RYLD.CH5.
  2. Set up a program step to commit Short press without release on VMBGP1-2.CH2 a few minutes in the future,
  3. Synchronize modules.
  4. Wait and observe VMB4RYLD.CH5, notice that the virtual relay never closes.

The same happens with VMBGP1-2.CH2 o-[ Toggle ]-> VMB4RYLD.CH5 instead of Momentary action. When my glass panel was on an old firmware version (1917), this same would fail if I used VMBGP1-2.CH1 instead of CH2, but on a newer firmware (2221) CH1 works correctly (button is pressed and remains pressed) as I would expect.

Is this a bug? Should it work?

I’ve tested your reproduction steps but the virtual relay was closed in the end. Are you sure the virtual pushbutton is not disabled and the program activated?

2 Likes

Oh yeah, thanks for the pointer! Indeed, the virtual buttons were indeed disabled! I was wondering why wasn’t anything showing up in the “Type” column near these, and didn’t even think of it as a plausible cause. (Though in my defense, I didn’t know you could disable channels in the first place!)

Thanks!

1 Like