VMBGPO - Thermostat configuration

Hi,

Is it possible to configurate a VMBPGO in this way: only a day- and nightfunction, in which the
temperature is possible to adjust but follows it’s presetvalue when the thermostatprogram goes to it’s next step.
Now my client is confused all the time with the manual function, the 1-hour function, anti-freeze mode,… =p
Maybe a good idee for the next update? =D

Thx in advance!

Hi

Is your client only using the VMNGPODx to change temperatures and modes?

Or have you set them up with a remote control interface?

If I’m understanding your question correctly,

Your client can change the current target temperature at will using the VMBGPODx, just by using the two buttons on the right.

Any timed mode changes will reset the target temperature to the preset for the new mode.

In theory, there’s no reason for a user to choose 'Man or +1 hour", if they don’t want to.

Does that help?

Cheers

Stuart

[quote=“MDAR”]Hi

Is your client only using the VMNGPODx to change temperatures and modes?

Or have you set them up with a remote control interface?

If I’m understanding your question correctly,

Your client can change the current target temperature at will using the VMBGPODx, just by using the two buttons on the right.

Any timed mode changes will reset the target temperature to the preset for the new mode.

In theory, there’s no reason for a user to choose 'Man or +1 hour", if they don’t want to.

Does that help?

Cheers

Stuart[/quote]

That’s the problem. My client changes the mode (which he doesn’t have to) and get’s confused
becauses the temperature changes (if he accidentally changes the mode). That’s why i want to program the OLED in a way you only have daymode and nightmode.

Oh, I totally understand now :wink:

There’s a really easy way to link a (any) button to set a mode in one (or many) thermostats.

Just create an action for a button that is linked to the thermostat of the desired thermostat (even on the same panel)

Do you want to give your client the ability to change the temporary target temperature too? Or just the mode?

Setting the temporary target temperatures from button events isn’t something I’ve explored yet.

(It’s super easy with OpenRemote)

I’ll have a think about it and get back to you.

Hi

I’m braced to be corrected, but I can’t find a way (within Velbus) of configuring an action to a button that would increase or decrease the temporary target temperatures.

I guess you’re left with the terrible choice of ‘re-training’ your customer, or removing the thermostat display from the OLED and just letting them select the modes from ptogrammed buttons. (Which will give status feedback)

Alternatively, you could look at giving them a software interface with very specific buttons and controls.

[quote=“MDAR”]Hi

I’m braced to be corrected, but I can’t find a way (within Velbus) of configuring an action to a button that would increase or decrease the temporary target temperatures.

I guess you’re left with the terrible choice of ‘re-training’ your customer, or removing the thermostat display from the OLED and just letting them select the modes from ptogrammed buttons. (Which will give status feedback)

Alternatively, you could look at giving them a software interface with very specific buttons and controls.[/quote]

Selecting modes from programmed buttons is indeed a good altenative. But they still
want to change the temperature ‘manualy’ if needed. Re-training was a failure =)
I think i’m going to install an independent thermostat.
(sorry for the late response!)

Hi everyone…i am new user here. As per my knowledge there is a really easy way to link a button to set a mode in one thermostats.Just create an action for a button that is linked to the thermostat of the desired thermostat.Do you want to give your client the ability to change the temporary target temperature too? Or just the mode?Setting the temporary target temperatures from button events isn’t something I’ve explored yet.

complete pcb

They want to have the ability to change temporary target temp. Programming a button linked to a certain mode of the thermostat is indeed very easy.

hi ,
it’s maybe to late but there is a way to adjust the target temperature of a temp_mode, just use the “TEMP_TARGET_RELATIVE” whit the value (i use the day mode for manual) “HEAT_DAY:+1” to increase and “HEAT_DAY:-1” to decrease the target temp of the day mode and use it in two buttons “+” and “-”.