VMBMETEO alarm invalid or incompatible with argument

Hallo,
Na het toevoegen van de VMBMETEO heb ik een klaarblijkelijk goed station.
Alle waarden worden weergegeven, echter kan ik de alarmen niet instellen.
Ik vermoed een softwarematig probleem, al kan ik het nergens anders terugvinden.

Configuratieinstellingen-alarmen tab: bij wijzigen van ieder alarm krijg ik steeds de foutmelding:
VELBUSLINK
Format: `Wanneer % % is dan’ invalide or incompatibel with argument.

Ik krijg de foutmelding ook niet meer weg…

Hopelijk is het een kleine aanpassing, ik heb al allerlei zaken geprobeerd, van taalinstellingen tot heropstarten en heb de laatste softwareversie maar vind absoluut geen oplossing. En kan de module dus niet gebruiken op dit moment.

Alle hulp welkom.

Mvg.

Please report to

Ik heb er melding van gemaakt. Een andere klant had dit ook al vermeld en we zorgen voor een bugfix in de volgende VelbusLink versie.

1 Like

Velbuslink versie 11.3.2 bevat een oplossing voor dit probleem.

1 Like

Bedankt, het werkt inderdaad.

1 Like

Beste,
ondertussen blijft het meteo station erg hoge temperatuurwaarden aanduiden.
Zo is het buiten 20 graden en geeft hij rond de 30 graden aan waardoor het hitte alarm steeds aangaat.
Het station is juist gemonteerd en staat zuidelijk recht in de zon georiënteerd. Dat kan toch geen reden zijn voor zo een abnormale waarde? Er staat nergens dat hij in de schaduw moet staan?

Ik ben van plan het hitte alarm, zonne-instraling (lux), neerslagmeting en windkracht te gebruiken voor allerlei sturingen. Door dit euvel begin ik te twijfelen aan de correctheid van de andere parameters ook. Is hier reden voor of niet? Er komen namelijk veiligheidslimieten voor oa zeer grote luifels aan gekoppeld.
Is dit herkenbaar en wat kan ik hieraan doen aub?

Dank voor uw feedback.
Pieter Janssens

Just for reference

This is what my Meteo & VMBPIROB are reporting.

Meteo is high up, on my house roof, in direct sunlight, I’ve seen it get as high as 40°C which I can believe is the surface temperature of the sensor.

At ground level, the ambient temperature was probably ~28°C at the time.

The VMBPIRO is just above head height, on our garden cabin.

Summary of Meteo & VMBPIRO , @15:25 Sunday May 19th, 2024, Northamptonshire UK

Meteo temperature

VMBPIRO Temperature

@CrazyBird
Good point

Light level

Wind speed

Rain fall (past week)

1 Like

Dag Pieter,

Hier hetzelfde gedrag, maar denk ook wel dat je dit met elke sensor zal hebben.
Je zou ze al in een thermometerhut moeten plaatsen om een betere meting te krijgen.
Op zich is het ook niet verkeerd te weten dat je bepaalde opwarming krijgt omdat de zon er recht op schijnt.
Maar je zal dan wel je schakelwaardes hier naar moeten aanpassen.
Een betere indicatie voor luifels/screens lijkt me een combinatie van lux, wind en regen.
Deze geven je toch een beter beeld over de lichtintensiteit waardoor je eventuele afscherming wenst.
Wind en regen om eventueel terug te sluiten.

Probeer de data even uit te lezen telkens je denkt: nu wil ik open/toe of iets dergelijk. Zodat je deze kan gebruiken voor je programma’s en dan beginnen finetunen.

2 Likes

@MDAR @CrazyBird
nice comparison and useful info. I tend to make use of a healthy mix of sensors to get it right were I want it.

Placing the station near the edge of a roof top (like mine) will always create higher values I believe. Something to take into account upon installation next time.

Direct sunlight should not be avoided to my personal opinion. Some deviations might always occur, however excessive ones of more than 10°C are not wishful. A
I believe both a hardware and software solution are possible, were my personal preference would be to manually select a correction factor (graph daytime / error ) to counter erroneous measurements…difficult setup as many variables would come in and personal preferences play.

-My window vertical screens depend on outdoor temp AND light intensity only. To keep sun out the house on hot days. During colder days they should stay up of course, enjoying the light…

-Garden outdoor screens/canopy will be opened and closed manually as from now, automatically for safety limitations only. (wind/rain) Other options seem not possible due to the big size I want to avoid multiple unwanted travels during daytime. Very annoying for visitors and the motor doesn’t like it I noticed (safety mode).

-Swimming pool options also depend on outdoor temp/rain/… (to open it), whereas the heat pump and pool filter pump are more bound to actual light intensity (and solar panel production).

-IR heaters of the terras is also dimmed ifo temp sensor, however I will try to instal an extra VMBGPOD oled near the seating places. Hopefully this one reads correct.

So adapting the setup values to higher numbers will work some days definitely, but not every day during the whole season. I’m a bit strict here as the system (VMBMETEO) is designed for this and should work at all times.

I will work out a personal activation in function of sunrise/sunset, day of the year, light intensity and sometimes wrong temp indications. Maybe I will find a clear cause or workaround that can help others in the future.

Thanks once more for your contribution.

1 Like

I have a Sonoff in the shade and a Piro in the sun…

The Piro (sun) - with a correction factor of -4.0C

and the Sonoff

As you can see, the low’s are actually quite the same… but the Piro in the sun reports quite some more C’s although in spring now its not that humungous… when it gets above 45 the difference increases significantly

1 Like

Thank you.
indeed the lowers are ok. Workable I would say, or at least there is some logic in it.
I noticed that my VMBMETEO also gives erroneous info in the lowers…at 17°C confirmed temperature in the evening, dry and cloudy conditions I get 11°C indication?..same day I get 30°C for real temperature of approximately 21°C…completely useless.

I will have to clarify these values first before I can proceed to solution finding. Who knows my VMB METEO is really unserviceable?