Vmbusbip

The changelog of VelbusLink 10.1.0.0 mentions added support for VMBUSBIP. What exactly is this module?
A Velbus USB interface with integrated velbustcp server?

Hello

The VMBUSBIP is a Velbus configuration module which has both a USB and a IP interface.

It is currently still in development and is expected to release alongside VMBSIG.

Kind regards

1 Like

Are the connectors going to be on the top or bottom face this time around :slight_smile:

Or if you want to put a USB on the front face (like the VMBRSUSB), can you put screw terminals for the USB on the top too ?
(Not two USB connections, just the one with two ways of connecting to it)

Simple reason being, if the module goes into a smaller din rail cabinet, the door won’t close with the connectors plugged into the front :frowning_face:

We’re looking into the option for a micro-USB on top, I’ll keep you posted here.

1 Like

Here’s another thought for a TCP interface.

Will it have a NTP time to Velbus time update routine?

The Signum has NTP, the USBIP doesn’t.
Both do have a supercap clock backup that will maintain the time and date in case of powerdown, will last several days.

1 Like

We were discussing this, and we were wondering if the IP-connection isn’t sufficient? What would the use case be where you would want to have a continuous USB connection to the VMBUSBIP, given that it has an IP connection (eg. for Pi).
(At the moment the micro-USB on top is only for console purposes).

That’s a fair question.

My thoughts are for those that want to put a DIN mounted SBC next to the VMBUSBIP and don’t want their Velbus traffic on their LAN 24/7

I assume the TCP packets aren’t being Broadcasted, so will only be on the LAN when requested.

The TCP packets will indeed not be broadcasted.

1 Like