VP01 motion turns off circuit to be on

I’m enclosing a test vlp, which:

• at night, when circuits are on, circuits that may also be turned on by VP01:
    • when VP01 detects motion, activates circuits (that are already on )
  • at VP01 motion timing end, circuits are turned off ( which should stay on)

PIRO_TEST.vlp (48.9 KB)

What are the correct instructions in this case? Thanks

Thanks to those that took a look, but there’s still no answer!
Considering you’re all informed, educated, pro’s, It takes me to wonder why “not a word”, so eventual reasons:

• is this guy for real or too creative?
  • did he write for other to understand or does he know what he wants?
  • did he go to a Velbus seminar (it would be in English, the last time I talked about it to support, there was none, are were supposed to get back to me when available - just to clear this one!!)

If it’s a question of making myself understood:

• client turns on outdoor lights
  • VP01 is set to have MOTION turning on some of those light circuits (which would turn on, during the set time on the MOTION circuit, if lights were not already turned on)
  • because those circuits are already on, when MOTION timer in the VP01 ends, turns off the circuits that were intended to remain on.

My question - how to get around this?

Please drop me a line, with whatever questions or comments you feel should be placed!

Thanks

You need logical functions to accomplish that if I understand it all correctly.

Client turns on lights There’s motion? Result OR function Lights
Situation 1 no no motion off no light
Situation 2 no motion on light
Situation 3 yes no motion on light
Situation 4 yes motion on light

Consider to use a virtual relay to save the result of the or function. That way, you can inhibit the lights during day.

1 Like

THANK YOU for your time and attention. Does this also solve the issue of, once VP01 times out, turns lights off ( that were manually turned on?) (Sorry, only now taking a look at how to use logic on the system!).
Best Regs

Yeah. You just need to make sure that the state of the pushbutton is kept somewhere. Since the pushbutton “all on” just triggers while the button is pressed and it is released from as soon as the button is not longer pressed. You can use another virtual relay for that. :slight_smile:

pushbutton “all on” pressed => action: turn on => virtual relay turned on
pushbutton “all off” pressed => action: turn off => virtual relay turned off