Dear Velbus enthusiasts and developers,
The module protocol PDFs are a valuable source of information for each developer wanting to code a Velbus app.
The info in there is good, but what we lack is a structured, program friendly format of this info.
So I started merging all the pdfs and did some regEx magic to generate the below JSON list:
Not too bad to start from, but some important info is still missing, like
- what commands are used on what module
- is it a message or a command
- The structure can be better, like putting the DataBytes in an array.
- There are a lot of duplicates, as most commands are reused in several modules.
- extra info/metadata, like how a byte should be used, …
IMPORTANT: this JSON is semi-automatically generated from the PDFs, so probably not error-free!
Here are my questions about this JSON:
- Does anybody already have a similar list? Or a better one to start from?
- Is there any interest to set up a community driven github to keep this up to date?
- Can Velleman help us out?
- Is JSON the right format?
- Did I miss something?
- Who is interested to help on this?
For sure it would help me a lot! How about you?