Which curtain motor and rail to buy

Hello everyone,
I have recently installed a velbus system in my house and asked for module for electric curtains as well. The connection that is provided has 5 wires: earth, zero, power, open, and close.
However I am frustrated of searching for the right motor and rail for it. All I find in the market has their own system, with remote and app which I do not want. I want a simple system working with my 5 wire connection. I would like to have curtain, not roller blonds or similar. Something similar to somfy.

Is there anybody who can help me on this?!
I live in Ghent, Belgium.

Kind Regards,
Sepehr

Hi

Does this help you?

https://forumtest.velbus.eu/t/somfy-sonesse-40wt-motor-not-rts-tubemotors/17236

I have got a curtain track and motor working with Velbus, but it is a 0v control.

Common, open & close

This needs a pair of small relays between the Velbus VMB2BLE (or VMB2BLE-20) channel and the track or a VMB1BLS (no longer available)

FYI, the track I have is this, specifically requesting the wired remote connection.

Supplier website, link to product

It looks like they are sold out, but might be worth asking them when they’ll be back in stock as they still sell their motors separately

I bought somfy motors those work perfectly for our curtains. I live in Zulte.

3 Likes

That’s excellent to know

Can you list the exact model numbers of the motors please?

Only because there are so many different kinds and only a few work well with Velbus

NOT connected to our Velbus currently, but we have a SilentGliss track (fitted in-ceiling) with a SilentGliss motor, and SilentGliss WAVE curtain assembly (12 metres long with two 90 degree bends).

It has a few control options. The simplest is controlled by a wall-switch.

Our setup has a Somfy RTS compatible control module attached so it can be controlled from the same remote used for our blinds in the same room. I do not know what the interface is between the wall-switch an motor or between this Somfy module and motor but surely it is probably something simple like your 5-wire suggestion? This might be worth a closer look?

We do not have a Somfy hub. The single Somfy RF-remote is fine for our needs.
If I ever decide I do want to automate the blinds I also have two options to send Somfy RTS radio signals. One is a RFXTRX 3rd-party USB radio interface; The other is an Arduino and a simple transmitter module with 433.42 (rather than 433.92) MHZ crystal-swapped.

1 Like