Node Red integration

Wow, that’s a lot of modules! :wink:

Thank you for letting me know the issue. Not sure I can fix this, as this is a select box element from Node-RED, but I’ll see what I can do.

In the meantime I suggest to use the first option in the list (Manual): there you can fill in your address
manually. For hex-values use the notation “0x”.

Gert

something like this would be wonderful

Source openhab integration

I quickly had a look if I can simulate the issue, but I it seems that I have a scrollbar when I simulate a small screen:

I also saw that you can use the arrow keys to go through the options and press enter to select, so that might help too.
I’m testing on Chrome on a Macbook Pro. Can you verify again and let me know what browser and OS you are on so I can test on that?

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

It’s a long time ago, but now I saw I forgot to respond to your question … Sorry for that!
I hope to make some time to add some examples in the help section asap.

If you struggle with a specific issue, please let me know. It’s always inspiring to get user feedback and tweak the features accordingly :wink:

Win 10 Build 1909

no silder on addres and databyte

Chrome => no slider
Firefox => no slider
Egde => No silder

Strange issue, this is what I see on Win10 home edition with Node-Red v1.0.3

I tested on Win10 home build 1903 and I can see the scrollbars.
Node-RED version: 1.0.3
I has probably to do with the Node-RED version, as this select element is created by Node-RED…

Gert

1 Like

Problem solved,
node-red version which is still very low 0.20.0
now version 1.0.5 and everything works

Hey chaps

I’ve just seen something curious regarding the scroll bar.

I get the list of Modules without a ‘visable’ scroll bar.

However…

If I click and hold any module in the l list and move it up or down, a very thin scroll bar appears.

I think you can just make it out in this screen grab (Landscape Chrome in Android, with NodeRed 1.0.3)

Does this help?

I tell you what would be pretty amazing if you can swing it…

Instead of (as well as) module type and address, showing the VelbusLink assigned Module name would be very useful.

Example

I just tried to setup your Dimmer node while sat on the sofa, with my phone and suddenly realised that I can’t remember which of the VMBDMI-R services the room I’m in.

Obviously I can look at openHAB2 to grab the base address, but…

Cheers,
Stuart

this does not work

this does work

What are you trying to achieve there?
And have you tried Gert’s new relay node?

turn it off temporarily

0x16 inhibit
0x02 channel
0xFF Also necessary

0x17 disable inhibit
0x02 channel

the new relay node cannot do this function

i need this for the following.
the relay is switched on and off by the alarm system, if there is no movement in the room (surface 30m X 18m) (multiple zigbee2mqtt ikea motion) then I will suppress the channel to save energy

1 Like

Arrrr yes.

So we could ask @GertSt really nicely if he’d consider adding

• Inhibit
    (ON, OFF & Toggle)
  • Forced On
    (ON / Activate, Cancel / OFF & Toggle)
  • Forced OFF
    ( ON / Activate, Cancel / OFF & Toggle)

{As each one has a status request}

To the command options of the Relay node?

Or, add them as a command option drop-down list, retaining the current command Vs payload drop-down list.

1 Like

That would be cool, indeed! Don’t know if that info is available though!
I will put it on my todo :wink:

2 Likes

So the only difference is the address select method? Selecting the module from the dropdown versus manual input?

Yes that is correct . when I choose the address it doesn’t work, when I choose to fill in the address myself it works :+1:

I had a look at this, but as as far as I know there is no command to get the module name. Velbuslink probably stores the name you give to a module in the project file (.vlp), so that data is not available on the bus.
Of course it would already help to always get the names of the channels (as I do with the button node) but that requires knowledge of the nr of channels of each module, and therefore we first need that JSON file! :yum:
But, as I’m typing this, I see that @Stef_Coene just posted a very promising update! :ok_hand:

1 Like

The module names and even more labels can be stored in the device memory.

Exactly: line 2151
https://github.com/StefCoene/moduleprotocol/blob/master/out/protocol.json#L2151

A lot new stuff to discover/implement, co-operation serves more FUN.
Congrats guys for the efforts made over and over again!

3 Likes

Regarding the module name, indeed, you have to query the memory. And for some older modules you can not change the module name.

I had some issues with different addresses for different builds. For most of the modules there is only 1 possible memory address combination. That’s were the MemoryMatch is used for.
I could also skip this part and only support the last build, that was also an option.

In my scripts, I take the address range and store all of them in a list. When I need the module name, I query the addresses one by one.
My ‘listener’ has the same list of addresses and when the module answer, it parses the message and stores the character in the correct place. When the last address is received, it saves the module name.

Stef

3 Likes