Velbus binding for OpenHAB

info about the (old) dimmer:

This is maybe the reason I don’t get any updates from the dimvalues …

I don’t know if it helps you but I always used the slider command in my programs:

This gives you more data (it updates the values in between the sliding, for ex. when you have a slow on dimmer). The other command trasmits the dimmer value at the end value.

woooww Thanks Tom. The full config is in the zip. Amazing. Thanks. I’m a noob with openhab. Learning fast.

do you use the iPhone or Android App?

Acting strange. It cycles through all modes and then end up doing a random setting. It even moves to cooling if I configure the heating modes.

Strange

Hi Jeroen,

Thanks for pointing out the difference in position of the dimValue!
Here is a build containing this modification:
https://we.tl/74gCGq7HCZ

(I also tried the “Slider status” command, but this causes some very strange behavior in openHAB: the openHAB slider flips back and forth between the old and the new slider value, and ends up at your previous setpoint)

@Ciceron: This might solve your problem with the vmb1dm as well

Maybe a “noob” question, but can I just overwrite the old jar or …?

Yes, you can overwrite the previous jar.
Then you can either restart openHAB or wait a few moments until it detects and reloads the new module.

I Was away from home .

Good news fellas !

last binding corrected dimmer behavior: tested on windows and RPI

1-reads the value from the physical buttons we get correct feedback
2-0% and 100% match
3-Slider on openhab control works
4-OFF works

ON not working

question: did you code it to show last value before setting new one?
( exemple: current value 20% , new value 80% , BEHAVIOR: it will slide back to 20% and then sets back to 80%)
at least it doesnt show 32% anymore

Thanks

SOLVED: WORKING ON RPI, UNINSTALLED repository velbus binding and desactivated repository access.

not working on RPI, no shutter, no dimmer.
maybe i need a clean install!!
any clue

2018-06-18 11:37:27.739 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.velbus-2.3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.velbus [240]

Another singleton bundle selected: osgi.identity; type=“osgi.bundle”; version:Version=“2.4.0.201806040927”; osgi.identity=“org.openhab.binding.velbus”; singleton:=“true”

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) [?:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) [?:?]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

No, but the Velbus module is sending a status message with the current value before sending the status message with the target value. I haven’t figured out an easy way to optimize this behavior yet.

Well at least we have the correct value.

Everything works perfect by me. Top!

Maybe I can secretly ask to add support for the vmb1tc :blush: ? I’ve got 8 of them in my installation, so it would be very very nice …

Hi
Dont you have the slide back?
What is your config?
Openhabian, binding, vmb1dm version…

Thanks

I do have a slide back, but that’s probably because it now listens to the bus and adjust it’s fader to the value send.
A small refinery could be done in the trend of:

While( “command send internaly” and “value received from dimmer <> value set +/- 5%”)

ignore received value;

}
set slider to last received value;

Hi

Just to throw my thoughts on here…

I quite like the way the slider bounces between the new value and it’s current dim level.

It does show that there is a good connection to the Velbus network, which can be very reassuring that the module has received the instruction.

Cheers,
Stuart

No problem Geert,
I use android, but not the app. I pin the webpage to my home screen. I think this is the preferred way in OH2.

@tomvancutsem @gverbist

One tiny consideration.

I prefer the web browser (HabPanel) interface to OH2, but mainly because I can’t get my head around Sitemaps.

However, if you want notifications pushing to your handset, I think you’d need the OpenHab app running in the background and connected to myopenhab.org

Not that I’ve worked out how to push notifications from OpenHab2, but it’s on my list :wink:

Hi Jeroen,

Do you mean support for the vmb1tc or vmb1ts? It seems like the vmb1ts is quite similar to the vmbgpo, so I think it shouldn’t be to difficult to support it. If you mean the vmb1tc, which kind of commands for this module would you like to use in openHAB?

you 're right, it’s idd the vmb1ts I meant :wink: . They don’t differ that much idd.

i am using both sitemap and habpanel.
but i found my self using 2 groups : displaying all 18 shutters and displaying all 40 lights.
it is easier for me instead of navigating floors…

hello I would like to use the latest snapshot of cedric but i find the eclipse setup to complicated but a jar file addon would be nice. I would really apreciated.